Arizona

Innocent subjects that took a turn for the worst.
Xtant

Post by Xtant »

Have you looked at any new million dollar home construction, lately? They are thrown up by the same brick/drywall/flooring crews that put up $100k homes. They are very fast. Very cheap. And do a decent job. Not much you can do in that arena.

A builder contracts out a job. One guy's crew is legal. He charges X amount. Another's is illegal. He charges .70X since his guys don't pay taxes or receive 1099's. Who does that builder give the contract to? The one that charges less.
Sure is a lot of fun while you're doing it...
bcombs

Post by bcombs »

Yeah, true... but I'm not going to buy into this "we can't compete" bullshit. There is always, always, always a way to compete. You have to be creative, differentiate yourself from the competition, do something. Moping about the illegal immigrants is not something.

Much of being successful in business has to do with the output from your work, but some of it also has to do with a little luck. So if you were unlucky the first time, try again. Don't try to blame the competition, outsmart them. Or, better yet, start your own crew and hire them.

Damn, I sound like that tool Dr. Phil.
Clevis Hitch

Post by Clevis Hitch »

bcombs wrote:Yeah, true... but I'm not going to buy into this "we can't compete" bullshit. There is always, always, always a way to compete. You have to be creative, differentiate yourself from the competition, do something. Moping about the illegal immigrants is not something.

Much of being successful in business has to do with the output from your work, but some of it also has to do with a little luck. So if you were unlucky the first time, try again. Don't try to blame the competition, outsmart them. Or, better yet, start your own crew and hire them.

Damn, I sound like that tool Dr. Phil.

So take the gross amount of money you make, subtract the FICA. Then take off the payroll taxes. then take off the state taxes and then take off the federal taxes. Oh yeah, don't forget workmans comp.Not to mention 401k matching or any retirement. Thats what it takes to employ you.

As a business owner why wouldn't you do it. It costs aeons less to employ a illegal.
The sad thing is that the illegals aren't really illegal. Because the goverment/industrial/agriculture complex works to keep the cost of labor low and profits high. Goverment turns a blind eye to businesses that do this stuff. And the people suffer.
If you give a man a match, he'll be warm for a minute. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!
steep4me

Re: Arizona

Post by steep4me »

[quote="Clevis Hitch"]This new law has me torn. I mean whats wrong with carrying I.D.? The nazi's did it, right?

"Papers please."

Not that I am in favor of the new law, but we all carry ID it is called a driver's license and you can't go in a bar, drive a car, get on an airplane, buy cigarrettes, pick up tickets at will call etc... without it.Not to mention all of the times I have to give my ss#.
Hauling a big ego up a route adds at least a full grade.
Clevis Hitch

Post by Clevis Hitch »

understood. Its right to carry I.d. It's just the way of modern life. What I ponder is the govermental/industrial collusion that has left hard working decent people out in the rain....there has to be a way...
If you give a man a match, he'll be warm for a minute. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

it's always the "industrial/governmental " complex....vampires and voodoo witches make for a good movie...
and it is always the decent hard working people being left high and dry..forget the lazy asses milking unemployment cuz they can..forget the medicare fraud...forget workers comp fraud...for get SSI fraud.....are they too get screwed by the industrial complex, or are they screwing it????
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
ynot

Post by ynot »

all those numbers are making you crazy ,piggy. go climb.
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
Clevis Hitch

Post by Clevis Hitch »

Focus young padowan....One problem at a time....immigration reform. comprehensive....please...