Is there any training anchors in pendergrass?

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
captain static

Post by captain static »

Just want to point out that the primary purpose of UCLIMB is to teach beginners how to be safe and responsible climbers. The money donated to the RRGCC by Mountain Gear is a much appreciated gesture of them giving back to the climbing community.
"Be responsible for your actions and sensitive to the concerns of other visitors and land managers. ... Your reward is the opportunity to climb in one of the most beautiful areas in this part of the country." John H. Bronaugh
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

I, for one, am glad the "training anchors" are there. Learning to lead and cleaning the anchors is very intimidating for a newbie like myself.
I grew up exuberant in body but with a nervy, craving mind. It was wanting something more, something tangible. It sought for reality intensely, always as if it were not there... But you see at once what I do. I climb.
-John Menlove Edwards
KD

Post by KD »

ok - are you talking abut the low bolts to learn how to clean on or some strength thing "to clip Ro with?" this is confusing.
One-Fall

Post by One-Fall »

[quote="Redpoint"]Could someone with a little bit more experience than say Jeff please reply, because I seriously doubt all those walls have training anchors.

WTF is up with saying Jeff has no experience? Jeff has put up good routes, is leading the Funk Rock Bolt Replacement Initiative, done more trail maintainance than most of the proactive people, and has retrobolted many routes so that they are safe for choads like me and you.

Jeff does not have a lot of experience in bouldering trees and spraying about climbs he wants everyone to know he is working.

I dont mind you going on and on about the minutia of climbing, but watch your mouth when calling out people that are making the Red a better and safer place.

@ jeff: You have more patience than Job.
Can't we all just get along?
redpoiint

Post by redpoiint »

all i am saying is that if I want to onsight Ro then I should have some practice anchors to practice my clipping on because the guidebook says that you need to clip the anchors and I want to get down from Ro after I onsight aka flash it an if you dont know about that then you are dum because thats the first thing you do on a climb is to know how to clip the anchors. I am practicing clipping them now under my moms kitchen table with hangers that I glued on there but now Im ready for real rock to practice on and if any of you know anything about training you would know what I mean!!!
BVD

Post by BVD »

Good stuff.

So has anyone ever seen redpoiint and der revir at the same place and time??? They are quite endearing characters.
KD

Post by KD »

BVD wrote:Good stuff.

So has anyone ever seen redpoiint and der revir at the same place and time??? They are quite endearing characters.
Hmmmm now that you mention it...hmmmm they are endearing aren't they?
Redpoint

Post by Redpoint »

You guys never cease to amaze me. I thought my joking around was so obvious that in NO WAY would this end up with me trolling you guys(ok maybe it did slightly cross my mind). Ya more experience than Jeff, the guy who's avatar has 5 beers under it...

You all had it coming though, always accusing me of trolling. I guess you all are so used to me always being serious that you thought it was just another typical Redpoint post. I will admit though, I feel insulted that you all would really think I am so dumb that I would go and practice clipping training anchors for training to clip Ro, a 511D.

Well at least one thing is for sure, my gumby status still holds true, which is perfect, muah ha ha.

p.s. Thanks Jeff for the informative reply, I would have said that in my previous reply, but then my post wouldn't have been as good.
"It is difficult to estimate the potential damage of solvents; therefore the middle of the rope should never be marked with a felt-tip pen or similar. Although a danger might be improbable, it should never be ignored." Mammut
KD

Post by KD »

So ...you don't want to practice? Now Im real confused.
KD

Post by KD »

Redpoint wrote:You guys never cease to amaze me. I thought my joking around was so obvious that in NO WAY would this end up with me trolling you guys. ....You all had it coming though, always accusing me of trolling. I guess you all are so used to me always being serious that you thought it was just another typical Redpoint post. I will admit though, I feel insulted that you all would really think I am so dumb that I would go and practice clipping training anchors for training to clip Ro, a 511D.
I GET IT!!! Its a backwards thing! Like opposite day and like that. Okay - that IS funny! So you are trolling but want us to think you arent and you arent serious but want us to think you are omg lol!! and you dont need any practice for Ro because its just 11d - okay lol. you got us good RedP.