what's the longest you've gone without...

Having problems with the board or the online guidebook?
Suggestions welcome.
KD

Post by KD »

then what did you say?
ynp1

Post by ynp1 »

shit no rock in Florida??? who would have thought...

shit i broke my back, had surgery and was back in 4 months, hiking to the cliff with a back brace on...

about getting back to you home state... maybe start with mapquest.com....
I don't have haters, I have fans in denial.
tutugirl

Post by tutugirl »

Four years, because I had two full time jobs with very little sleep.
Margarita
The difference between bravery and stupidity is the outcome.
dmw

Post by dmw »

I destroyed my knee 13 months ago. I was able to climb in July, and led a few easy pitches at Tensleep. I am still 7 months away (supposedly) from being whole again, due to a frozen knee and also nerve damage to my leg that prevents muscle development. I have been following hard-ish (for me) ice and mixed climbs all winter, but still not whole enough to lead. I think this is mainly a mental crux, which has ALWAYS been my problem - even when I wasn't hurt and rock climbed a bunch in the Red. Has anyone else experienced this lack of courage after an injury? what to do?
ReachHigh

Post by ReachHigh »

4 Months off due to motorcycle injury with having to take it easy for another 4 months, plus an occasional month off due to injury/work/family.
"there's a line between self improvement and self involvement"
"Dogs are nature's pooper scoopers ."
schwagpad

Post by schwagpad »

I climb regularly for only a few months a year. Ive probably taken 5 months completely off every year for the last five or six. Bouldering comes back in a couple weeks. Sport climbing not so much, but then I don't really sport climb. I'm a better trad climber than I've ever been.
the lurkist

Post by the lurkist »

I have taken off the past 6 years- climbing just a few times a year, not really enough to maintain any degree of fitness. This layoff has occurred at the same time as aging into my forties. I still dream of coming back, and I am going to give it hell. With a motivated training partner and a treadwall I still have delusions of grandeur.
"It really is all good ! My thinking only occasionally calls it differently..."
Normie
tutugirl

Post by tutugirl »

My personal goal is to onsight 12s at 70s...but if I die first could someone do that for me????
Margarita
The difference between bravery and stupidity is the outcome.
the lurkist

Post by the lurkist »

tutugirl wrote:My personal goal is to onsight 12s at 70s...but if I die first could someone do that for me????
amen- the whole point of climbing for me is to climb hard into my seventies.
"It really is all good ! My thinking only occasionally calls it differently..."
Normie