what's the longest you've gone without...

Having problems with the board or the online guidebook?
Suggestions welcome.
Namaste

what's the longest you've gone without...

Post by Namaste »

What's the longest you've ever gone without climbing? And when you were able to return, how hard was it to get back to your origional state????
Giddy up!
DriskellHR

Post by DriskellHR »

1.5 yrs...... I've never been as good as I was.... I embrace my suck.
"....... Be sure to linger......." Mike Tucker
pawilkes

Post by pawilkes »

i had to take 3 months off when i broke my knee. i was back at my previous level before I could walk properly. I was also only 21, the young bounce back quicker.
Sand inhibits the production of toughtosterone, so get it out and send.
Josephine

Post by Josephine »

8 weeks off for a broken wrist. still not back to the same level but it's only been 4 months and i haven't climbed very much due to that pesky thing called snow.
"Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game." ~ Under the Tuscan Sun
dipsi

Post by dipsi »

I've climbed about 6 times in 3 years. Officially as well as I'm going to be, working hard at getting back in shape and I hope to climb again this spring. I always sucked, so I should be about par when I return. I love to climb.
What I love about running is you can meditate while running. It's a peaceful place.

Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd, Runs marathons to raise money and awareness about children orphaned by AIDS
Wes

Post by Wes »

I will let you know sometime this fall, when I, hopefully, start climbing again...
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda
Canuck

Post by Canuck »

3 months with tendinitis in my foot. In the next 2 months, I improved from doing two 5.7's in an evening to doing four climbs 5.9 and under. Then I sprained my ankle and was out for another 2 months. Took me a year to get decent mobility back in my foot/ankle. Three years later, I still don't redpoint as hard as before (school & work keep getting in the way), but I onsight harder.
michaelarmand

Post by michaelarmand »

I took about two months off with a knee injury once, and also another two months when I broke my collarbone. I came back quickly and actually improved after these injuries. I think time off is important for both mind any body. But you need to stay fit - luckily I was able to cross train with these injuries.
I've been a gumby longer than you've been climbing.
1 wheel drive

Post by 1 wheel drive »

There was a span of about 12 years between my discovery of sport climbing and my last free solo of Sallee Hall on the campus of Western Illinois University. It took about a month to get back the finger strength, but after two years, I still won't climb more than 15 feet without protection.
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

I took off about 9 months after a serious spine/neck/shoulder injury (2006). I sent a couple of 5.12c's before the injury and when I started back I got shut down on 5.8's and had to work through the grades all over again. It took several years for me to get it back -- while dealing with other minor injuries along the way.
Does he have a strange bear claw like appendage protruding from his neck? He kep petting it.