young punks on dope

Movies, music, food, blood, dogs, Horatio.....

People smoking left-handed cigarettes

lets roll one brah
41%
oh my goodness
3%
don't really care
50%
sinner
No votes
skeezer
6%

Total votes: 32

toad857

Post by toad857 »

as if the horse wasn't quite dead yet...

it's kind of like the drug testing question at the workplace: would you rather have a pot-smoking productive worker or a lazy sober one?

id rather have a stoney-baloney belayer who's experienced than a sober one who's never caught a fall before. (i've been belayed by both--guess which one scares me more)
krampus

Post by krampus »

smoking pot doese not affect the short term motor skills and thus your belay is safe.

proof and point:

Hackysack
&
video games
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared
Jay

Post by Jay »

DriskellHR wrote: so what do you call a guy who rolls and smokes your shit while you are climbing?
Easy- Mike! :D
"Always carry a large flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake." -W.C. Fields
Jay

Post by Jay »

DriskellHR wrote: so what do you call a guy who rolls and smokes your shit while you are climbing?
Easy- Mike! :
"Always carry a large flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake." -W.C. Fields
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

who is talking deaths...you guys go all anal over double checking climbing systems, proper brake hand position, etc but act like smoking dope is like drinking Mt. Dew. If it weren't a mind altering drug, no one would do it....I am 100% for legalizing pot, but for gawd's sake to say it is "ok" while climbing is ignorant. I know, I know..probably a third of those on here get high and climb on a regular basis. it may be kool and hip but it is still stupid to do while climbing. sorry for pointing out the obvious.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
Brentucky

Post by Brentucky »

jordancolburn and kipp are the ones making sense, but i never claimed to make too much sense. mountain dew makes me jittery, i won't touch the stuff! :)
efil lanrete... i enjoy the sound, but in truth i find this seductively backward idea to be quite frightening
anticlmber

Post by anticlmber »

pig, i dont go anal.

for you though......maybe.
Like me on facebook but hate me in real life
paulcorsaro

Post by paulcorsaro »

I wouldn't go as far to say it is ignorant to smoke and climb. I think it comes down to your awareness of how it affects you. It affects everyone differently and some people are just as aware and alert after partaking and may even be more cautious and attentive to detail. Granted some people get straight up retarded when they're stoned, so it just depends on the person's awareness of their mental state and the ability to be responsible and decide that maybe it was one hit too many and call it a rest day. If it helps you get in a better mental state for climbing and doesn't make you an idiot, go for it. While were on the topic of substances at the crag, what are all y'all's take on crag beers?
anticlmber

Post by anticlmber »

if you dont bring enough to share then no.
Like me on facebook but hate me in real life
cliftongifford

Post by cliftongifford »

I'm pretty sure that if I can walk a slackline back and forth stoned out of my mind, I have the motor skills to climb/belay stoned as well... If anything, it causes me to pay MORE attention than I would If I wasn't stoned. Is there evidence that would make me change my mind?