What are you reading?

Movies, music, food, blood, dogs, Horatio.....
krampus

Post by krampus »

blood meridian is bad ass
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared
dmw

Post by dmw »

Stones into Schools, by Greg Mortenson very interesting read!
FujManiac

Post by FujManiac »

Lamb, by Christopher Moore
A fun, easy read about the childhood of Jesus told from the perspective of his best friend, Biff.
anticlmber

Post by anticlmber »

genocide: a comprehensive introduction
Like me on facebook but hate me in real life
endercore

Post by endercore »

Shantaram- so far it has been an incredible read. It is based off of an Austrian that breaks out of maximum security prision and then goes to work in the Bombay/Mumbai underworld.
Barnacle Ben

Post by Barnacle Ben »

I am about halfway through McCarthy's The Crossing. The last big one before that was For Whom the Bell Tolls. I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. Started V by Pynchon, haven't made much progress with it.

I'm finishing up Flakes, Jugs, and Splitters by Sarah Garlick. I think someone on here mentioned it a while back. Great read for any climber. Geology 101 for climbers.
"But the motto was, never think you're that cool - you're still just climbing rocks...in the woods...with bugs...and everyone thinks you're crazy."

- Dave Graham
Yasmeen

Post by Yasmeen »

endercore, that sounds interesting - I'm putting it on my list.
"I snatched defeat from the jaws of victory." --Paul
---
(Emails > PMs)
hausrath

Post by hausrath »

I heard that Shantaram was amazing. Just got done reading Cannery Row by John Steinbeck. Great descriptive writing.

Also The Heart of the World by Ian Baker if anyone likes books adventurous in nature, like some of the stuff john krakauer writes. Baker's takes place in southern Tibet, and deals significantly more with spirituality than does krakauer.
"Mack and the boys would have thought anyone who traveled without salt, pepper, and coffee very silly indeed."
--Steinbeck
Yasmeen

Post by Yasmeen »

Thanks for mentioning Shantaram - I'm a little over halfway through, and it's fantastic! As a bonus, Johnny Depp will be starring in it next year: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000136/
"I snatched defeat from the jaws of victory." --Paul
---
(Emails > PMs)
clif

Post by clif »

moll flanders, don't ask me why.
training is for people who care, i have a job.