Jingus Anchor on Bonzo?

Placing a cam? Slotting a nut? Slinging a tree?
ReachHigh

Post by ReachHigh »

Isn't that anchor in the roof? seems like a good place to be replaced by a glue in and chain that's a little less directional.
"there's a line between self improvement and self involvement"
"Dogs are nature's pooper scoopers ."
cliftongifford

Post by cliftongifford »

I think the anchor is pretty much bombproof... Much better than most other anchors I've seen. Anyways, if you fall on the first pitch you shouldn't even try the second.
pkananen

Post by pkananen »

cliftongifford wrote:I think the anchor is pretty much bombproof... Much better than most other anchors I've seen. Anyways, if you fall on the first pitch you shouldn't even try the second.
I agree. There are so many more climbs in the gorge proper that have sketchy anchors. Much better to spend energy on those than an anchor that, although not ideal, is in great shape.
krampus

Post by krampus »

hmmm, should we bring up funk rock again
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared
TradWanker

Post by TradWanker »

Manky anchors are part of the trad experience. :wink:
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

Kramp, while we are out there bolting, we can chainsaw out all of the fire and ice storm damage.
The theory of evolution is just as stupid as the theories of gravity and electromagnetism.
krampus

Post by krampus »

sounds good, that place could really use it. We just need a lookout some walkie talkies and a drill, and maybe some experience :wink:
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared
ScrmnPeeler

Post by ScrmnPeeler »

i just climbed it today. The chain just didn't look right so I left a quickdraw on the top bolt that seemed to to load both the top bolt and the bottom rap ring more evenly when I came down.

it may not have been right, but i felt a hell of a lot better coming down.

Someone will probably steel it tomorrow. It was a Kong Bonatti cheapy.
Enjoy.
So, you're a feminist...isn't that cute.
Steve

Post by Steve »

I've still got those massive chains rolling around in the back of my Jeep. Guess I could donate them back this fall.
I see they are still lopping off mountains in Eastern Kentucky. Electricity isn't cheap.
truthmiracle

Bonzo Anchors

Post by truthmiracle »

I did this route a couple years ago. I don't really remember the anchor all that well (the route, in fall colors, was Awesome, and I remember that alright). We got down O.K, obviously. But I think I backed up the anchor for my second and went down on what was there. I know I didn't leave no pieces ner nuthin. Not that scary. Not equalized, as my poor memory serves. No big worries, I think. What was new looked good, and didn't pull out when I yarded on it.
Climbing: How to get nowhere the hard way.