For those who train

Quit whining. Drink bourbon. Climb more.
krampus

Post by krampus »

pigsteak wrote:it IS about the numbers Kramp....3 burns my ass.....
actually.....your right, I am going to have to train my ass off
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

My plan is to not train at all, and still out climb you queers.
Living the dream
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

why do all the home walls have jugs to start and end problems? isn't this a waste of training space? are we afraid to fall from 8 feet or somehting on to cushioned pads? or is it more of a testosterone thing amongst little boys to say you stuck the last finishing jug on an indoor problem?

btw, my wall is also lilke that, but it just hit me that I am cheating myself out of some training.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
Brentucky

Post by Brentucky »

I want to know why there aren't more arm bars in 12 feet tall home gyms, I don't have that much endurance. Don't you people know how to arm bar? Pigsteak's is actually quite nice! :lol:

Select 55 is my dirty little secret.

kramp, seriously dude, you gotta get a little weaker not stronger, I can't even get up your climbs on top-rope anymore, it's getting embarrassing. of course i do want to see you send your latest projects, but after that, no more!
efil lanrete... i enjoy the sound, but in truth i find this seductively backward idea to be quite frightening
SCIN

Post by SCIN »

pigsteak wrote:why do all the home walls have jugs to start and end problems? isn't this a waste of training space? are we afraid to fall from 8 feet or somehting on to cushioned pads? or is it more of a testosterone thing amongst little boys to say you stuck the last finishing jug on an indoor problem?

btw, my wall is also lilke that, but it just hit me that I am cheating myself out of some training.
Cuz the last move has to be a big throw. Standard.
Yo Ray jack dynomite! Listen to my beat box! Bew ch ch pff BEW ch ch pfff! Sweet!

-Horatio
toad857

Post by toad857 »

pigsteak wrote:why do all the home walls have jugs to start and end problems? isn't this a waste of training space? are we afraid to fall from 8 feet or somehting on to cushioned pads? or is it more of a testosterone thing amongst little boys to say you stuck the last finishing jug on an indoor problem?

not sure about the last hold....

but id probably only ever use a (relatively) decent hold for a start. it gives you a chance to settle into your fingers before you start cranking. and as far as the training aspect of that goes, it's probably better (safer & healthier) to start on a jug than to risk the 'full octane' approach on every problem.

speaking of training, though... if u climb at the red, having a jug to finish the problem would probably be ideal & realistic. but that only applies if u hang on to the thing for a little while before dropping to the floor.
KD

Post by KD »

nice wall chriss
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

KD wrote:nice wall chriss
i thnik i see the sleeping bag and fan where his wife makes him sleep...
chriss

Post by chriss »

pigsteak wrote: i thnik i see the sleeping bag and fan where his wife makes him sleep...
Ha, I think that she has thought about it :D Believe it or not I turned the fan on yesterday while training.

I like the big move / throw finish, and finger buckets to start. Just a preference as I have plenty of room in between for harder moves. Not to say that I don't have problems with harder first moves though.
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

shoot, I've got freakin 2X4s across the top of mine....ya gotta know how to arm bar as brent states....