Lexington Climbing Gym

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
rjackson

Post by rjackson »

RRO wrote:at least we have risk
nice.
Pick myself up, stop lookin' back.
Grand Funk Railroad
clif

Post by clif »

Saxman wrote: BUT, if you can find me people who are willing to pay $300 for a year up front
that sounds like a great deal.
toad857

Post by toad857 »

+1
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

good luck to all.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
tsparks

Post by tsparks »

If it were as simple as $300/year I would think a lot of people would do it. I know both me and my wife would right a check today. The idea that everyone that likes to climb can get to the Red annoys the $hit out of me. I work a full-time job and have a wife and 2 daughters under 5, I would love to be able to go to the Red every weekend, but it just doesn't work. For me to go takes a whole day. Going to a climbing gym on the other hand would only take a couple of hours.

Lexington Rocks was cool, but way overdone. Something like Climb Time is all we would need. They seemed to manage to get by until LR opened and took part of their business.

Lexington may never get another climbing gym, which is sad, but if $300/year would really do it there's no reason that it shouldn't happen.
$DO||!$DO; try
try is not a command
Barnacle Ben

Post by Barnacle Ben »

Pretty sure Planet Granite has an ad in Climbing or R&I offering financing for new gyms. I'm in no way affiliated with them and have no idea how horrible of financing they offer. Just passing it on.
"But the motto was, never think you're that cool - you're still just climbing rocks...in the woods...with bugs...and everyone thinks you're crazy."

- Dave Graham
coon

Post by coon »

i'!m all in