The BIG QUESTION

Discussions full of RAGE!
Clevis Hitch

The BIG QUESTION

Post by Clevis Hitch »

So the BIG QUESTION! Is what are you doing. What are you doing about the 'cut backs'? Mass lay-offs, Unemployment is at a record high. Inflation is just around the corner. Foreclosure sales, short sales. The unleveraging of the market. Basically your worst fears realized. All this and 2012 is just around the corner.
Me personally I've paid down and eliminated all of my debt. I have two years of food and ammo (subsistance not warfare) and I've made everything mobile. To be able to follow the new economy, as it develops.
Barnacle Ben

Post by Barnacle Ben »

I just quit my job. Not even kidding.

My plan is to climb a lot more.
"But the motto was, never think you're that cool - you're still just climbing rocks...in the woods...with bugs...and everyone thinks you're crazy."

- Dave Graham
Clevis Hitch

Post by Clevis Hitch »

were you able to get unemployment? I hear that it pays for 99 weeks! Beans,Rice, wheat in 5 gallon buckets. You can buy those at ace hardware with a resealable lid for about $7. Even better you can go dumpster diving and rehabilitate 5 gal buckets (no chemicals just drywall mud) for free. If you can find a construction site dumpster that is.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

I plan to keep acting like I have always.
Living the dream
Clevis Hitch

Post by Clevis Hitch »

Do you feel thats wise or that you're burying your head in the sand( Honest question)
If you give a man a match, he'll be warm for a minute. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!
michaelarmand

Post by michaelarmand »

I should buy a gun or two, definitely a good investment for the upcoming economic apocalypse. Then again the hopefully sane people in MA can put the brakes on all this craziness by electing Scott Brown.
I've been a gumby longer than you've been climbing.
bcombs

Post by bcombs »

Clevis, the stock market didn't crash. They were closed today in observance of MLK day. Don't worry, it'll be back to normal in a few hours. :roll:
Clevis Hitch

Post by Clevis Hitch »

whewww, that was a close one! Naw, just kidding! I knew that! I swear I did!! :mrgreen:
If you give a man a match, he'll be warm for a minute. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

I just thought it was funny(honestly)
Living the dream
Clevis Hitch

Post by Clevis Hitch »

you're fer real not worried about the future? I mean that more than the obvious worries. No plans, no supplies, no bunkers?