Lexington Climbing Gym

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

Art and I have been very excited by the response of the climbing community to our gym proposal. We have put a lot of time and effort into this project and have actually enjoyed much of the process. Unfortunately, there is information that was kept from us until we made our public announcement. There is another person actively planning to open a full scale gym in Lexington. They do not have a location yet, but are in the process of choosing a location and builder. Since our plans won’t have us opening a full scale gym for two years, with no guarantee of being able to beat their open date, this puts everyone’s investment at too much risk. We truly appreciate everyone who so enthusiastically offered their help and/or financial backing. We share in your disappointment in this news and look forward to the day when Lexington has a full scale gym.
The theory of evolution is just as stupid as the theories of gravity and electromagnetism.
Crankmas

Post by Crankmas »

That happened to me that time I wrote Stairway to Heaven
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

Too bad. The royalties off that one song must be insane.
The theory of evolution is just as stupid as the theories of gravity and electromagnetism.
fatandweak

Post by fatandweak »

Hi Saxman/Bram,

If you have any desire, I offer my services to you.

As you may or may not be aware, I've designed and built my share of walls and feel my experience in design and manufacturing of walls may be of benefit to you.

Of course if you have everything spelled out, I only wish you good luck in your endeavors.

You might find examples of my handiwork here:
http://bluegrassbouldering.wordpress.com/page/2/

Best Wishes,

Greg Rueff (in Louisville now)
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

A little late there Greg. Thanks anyways.
Scott P.

Post by Scott P. »

Does anybody know what happened with this? Were the plans for the full scale gym dropped when the economy tanked?
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

It was never going to be a full scale gym. Plans were dropped when information was presented that a full scale gym was coming to town. That person has supposedly given up on Lexington. A new cheap bouldering only gym may be in the works. It will not be in the center of town, will not have top ropes, and probably will only have one bathroom, but it will be cheap.
Scott P.

Post by Scott P. »

That would be cool... Thanks!
aaronkupferer

Post by aaronkupferer »

hey, one bathroom is an improvement from almost all home gyms in Lex!
toad857

Post by toad857 »

gym in lexington? id be there 4 times a week or something