Attn: Buckeyes

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
claytorman

Attn: Buckeyes

Post by claytorman »

During Rocktoberfest, Ben Worthington (Forest Supervisor of DBNF) spoke to his difficulty in attempts to talk with several Ohio Congressmen. It is time to notify our bright elected officials that people from Ohio do venture into Kentucky (and into the Red) quite often, and Mr. Worthington deserves some of their time.

Ohio Congressmen and Senators Contact Info:
http://www.aidsstories.com/states/oh.html
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Why does Ben need to speak with congressmen from Ohio?
Gretchen

Post by Gretchen »

Good work Claytorman! Jeff, I believe thjat is has to do with commerce issues. Ohio traffic to the DBNF. I will ask Shannon to post her insight so we have a better understanding!
Just genuinely disengenuous.
captain static

Post by captain static »

Mr. Worthington wants to speak with them about appropriations bills. In this regard, I have already sent an e-mail to Shannon about this & will see if we can come up with some guidelines on what can be written to Ohio congress people that would help get Mr. Worthington into their office.
Gretchen

Post by Gretchen »

OK What is an appropriation bill? I'll bite
Posthole

Post by Posthole »

Appropriation bills are how Congress sepnds money. Funding for all government agencies, including the Forest Service is spelled out in a number of Appropriation Bills.

I guess it makes sense that the Forest Service would seek the support of legislators from nearby states to get funding for their area.

Bob
captain static

Post by captain static »

That's it :!:
Gretchen

Post by Gretchen »

I guess I didn't pay attnetion during civics class. Thanks for the info, so my original thought was not to far from the mark, just in layman terms.
512OW

Post by 512OW »

Who cares?
Politics suck. Tell the FS to have a bake sale or something if they need money. Hell, I'd be happier if they just disbanded. That way, all the damn trees would be cut down and we could find the crags easier.

When do we get escalators to the crags?
"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken."
-Tyler Durden

www.odubmusic.com
merrick

Post by merrick »

Back from the Dead!