I want a woody in my garage

Quit whining. Drink bourbon. Climb more.
chriss

Post by chriss »

toad857 wrote:
chriss: i would imagine that 4 or 5 people up there climbing in the summer would get hot as balls, even with the fan... any problems with that?
It wasn't an issue last July / August. Some days were better than others, but it never felt miserable. The vent fan doesn't help a ton, but the window air conditioner seemed to make a big difference. I usually started it a 1/2 hour before climbing.

As a note though, it was only me climbing and I live in Wisconsin. It doesn't get quite as warm and humid as Kentucky.
One-Fall

Post by One-Fall »

Chris, I used to wonder how you came down to the Red and send most things in1 or 2 goes. Now I see that you are not super human, you just have a kick ass wall. Thing is beautiful.

Ok, you still might be a little super-human.

lee
Can't we all just get along?
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

chriss wrote: It wasn't an issue last July / August. Some days were better than others, but it never felt miserable. .
This coming from a guy who did some of his hardest projects in July at the Red. Don't trust him! Seriously, though ... that's a sweet build you have there. Today, I'm wishing for a wall in an attic.
chriss

Post by chriss »

One-Fall wrote:Chris, I used to wonder how you came down to the Red and send most things in1 or 2 goes.
I always thought I used the brute force method. If you try anything enough, you might have a chance of sending. The other times you might get lucky and send quickly.
Meadows wrote: This coming from a guy who did some of his hardest projects in July at the Red. Don't trust him! Seriously, though ... that's a sweet build you have there. Today, I'm wishing for a wall in an attic.
Maybe I should say, if your somewhat of a masochist when it comes to training, you would have found it to be very enjoyable. Having a climbing wall in the attic is great, especially when the hight today is around 10, and they canceled classes at the university yesterday. It nearly outweighs all the other responsibilities that go along with owning a house :D
toad857

Post by toad857 »

do you find that the wood expands/shrinks with the weather (ie, spinners?)
whatahutch

Post by whatahutch »

I must agree that you do have a nice wall.
"Come to send, not condescend" - Eddie Vedder
chriss

Post by chriss »

chriss wrote: a free standing 8 by 8, 45 degree wall. I modified this to add a foot vertical board and a 4 by 8 roof section at the top, also free standing.
My old wall. Worked great when I was renting as it is free standing. The original structure was built by pawilkes, it was excellently engineered!

bcombs

Post by bcombs »

Chris, your new place looks rad. Probably the best bouldering in Wisconsin right there. :)

Here are some pictures of the current incarnation of the House of Pain (tm). Two panel vertical, two panel 15 degrees, mini vert wall in the corner for future Sharma (aka Ben), 15 degree system wall with maxi-pull (thanks, tutugirl), and Treadwall fixed at 35 degrees.