Friday the 13th...

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
rjackson

Friday the 13th...

Post by rjackson »

Climbers seem to be just as superstitious as those found in just about any other athletic discipline, maybe even more so.

So did you mark your door-jams last night and grab the rabbit's foot this morning or did you throw caution to the wind and deviate from your soy latte and go for the Diet Pepsi instead? And what are your specific rituals for getting ready for the game...

Personally, I got shirts that may or may not be lucky (but they've been on my back for the sends), I try and take three deep breaths while touching the rock before climbing (if it's going to be a battle) and if I leave a little something in the morning for the fly gods so they leave me alone whilst I'm in their domain (and it seems to work).
Pick myself up, stop lookin' back.
Grand Funk Railroad
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

Something is only good or bad luck if you believe it is but the placebo effect can work.
The theory of evolution is just as stupid as the theories of gravity and electromagnetism.
krampus

Post by krampus »

ever since I lost my favorite climbing hat, I can't send anything. I loved that thing :cry:
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared
Brentucky

Post by Brentucky »

krampus wrote:ever since I lost my favorite climbing hat, I can't send anything. I loved that thing :cry:
dude, i keep that thing under my pillow for good luck and good dreams. :oops: you can't have it back, sorry.
efil lanrete... i enjoy the sound, but in truth i find this seductively backward idea to be quite frightening
bcombs

Post by bcombs »

I didn't notice it was Friday the 13th until this post. My day is ruined now, thanks for nothing. :lol:
gripster

Post by gripster »

there is no such thing as luck. superstitious events only happen to superstitious people. if you believe something will give you bad luck, then it probably will.
krampus

Post by krampus »

Brentucky wrote:
krampus wrote:ever since I lost my favorite climbing hat, I can't send anything. I loved that thing :cry:
dude, i keep that thing under my pillow for good luck and good dreams. :oops: you can't have it back, sorry.
I hope you get tetanus from the rusty wire rim
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared
rjackson

Post by rjackson »

So simply substitute ritualistic for superstitious... and say it three times really fast.
Pick myself up, stop lookin' back.
Grand Funk Railroad
Brentucky

Post by Brentucky »

I can imagine being superstitious is way more fun, just like being blonde! Oh wait, that's only for chicks... :(

When was the last time Halloween fell on Friday the 13th? Don't think too hard now! :)
efil lanrete... i enjoy the sound, but in truth i find this seductively backward idea to be quite frightening
ahab

Post by ahab »

Brentucky wrote:
are you talking about that tattered thing with all the candles around it in your living room?
buy the Ticket take the Ride