hangers

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
anticlmber

hangers

Post by anticlmber »

so do any of you bolt-fairies or others have a good deal on some hangers?

also how can i get in contact with grant stephens or john hockly(?) or if anyone knows the deal with bolt replacement at roadside please let me know.

and another thing, if one or two folks (or more) would like to get together for a gang-bang day i think we could take on the whole cliff. most routes only have one or two bad bolts so it would be quicker than the whole route.

hit me, i'm serious. i'm free most weekdays, for know, and would love to get rid of some of the junk.
Like me on facebook but hate me in real life
gripster

Post by gripster »

i will buy you a case of beer if you replace bolts 3 and 4 on hippocrite just across the street at the zoo. seriously, i will be up there in a few weeks. i offer my help as well, but i do not know anything about re-bolting (so i do not know how much help i would be).
anticlmber

Post by anticlmber »

one of my favorite routes, it was on my list.

hit me when you know details.
Like me on facebook but hate me in real life
gripster

Post by gripster »

you got it man, you will be my new hero if you replace those two bolts!
bcombs

Post by bcombs »

email sales@fixehardware.com. Tell him you want Fixe 013B (1/2") Hanger and the quantity. Last time I bought them they were $1.30 for 100.
Brentucky

Post by Brentucky »

Agreed, the Zoo could use a little work. I think the top of the 10c and 11a next to it both could use a little anchor work. We do get to climb the routes for inspection too, right? I would like to add Scar Tissue to my list of anchors to check out! 8)

Seriously, I don't know what the heck I'm doing, but I'm willing to belay and learn or whatever I can do if you need someone to help and want to hit up the Zoo. I'll throw in on some hangers or good-work beverage or something too.
efil lanrete... i enjoy the sound, but in truth i find this seductively backward idea to be quite frightening
Shamis

Post by Shamis »

Yeah, Zoo bolts are looking grim. I'd bankroll this project if I wasn't unemployed.
bcombs

Post by bcombs »

Just to be clear, they were $1.30 each or $130.00 for 100. If 100 were a $1.30 I would bolt every chosspile in sight!
heacocis

Post by heacocis »

I was planning on posting a separate notice, but now I will mention this here along with the separate posting. Through Hoosier Heights gym (where I work), I can offer good discounts on any Fixe products when purchased in some level of bulk order. Of course, I can sell them non-bulk too, but may not be able to offer such a discount. I can drop shop them to you, or arrange a drop off next time I am down in the Red. If anyone is interested, just let me know. You can email me at isaac@hoosierheights.com or pm me here. Thanks, Isaac
Wave Bolt- the best climbing bolt available! www.wavebolt.com

"...I'm over all that macho stuff, and if I bolt a route, it will be done properly." - Colin Goodey
captain static

Post by captain static »

Before you buy you might want to speak with suckage Rockman or Dr. Bob to see what they have on hand.
"Be responsible for your actions and sensitive to the concerns of other visitors and land managers. ... Your reward is the opportunity to climb in one of the most beautiful areas in this part of the country." John H. Bronaugh