Rockstar Watch 2009

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
whatahutch

Post by whatahutch »

I second The Ticket, and then someone needs to stick him on some open projects. He, and The Red is ready for a new 14d. This kid strong. Insane strong.
I have been reading his progress for days now and he is tearing it all up.
"Come to send, not condescend" - Eddie Vedder
Nick

Post by Nick »

I think it's funny that he hasn't climbed in the madness cave. Im sure he will make quick work of it when he does though
woman

Post by woman »

Yep, and his lady, Paige Claussen is climbing pretty hard too, she onsighted Flower Power and Flux while they were there.
"Take revenge...shit on a pidgeon."
rustyvasectomy

Post by rustyvasectomy »

Who the hell is this guy? I have never heard of him!

Sounds like he is taking a big fat dump on every single route thrown at him. Like, judging by his RRG tear down, he sounds like he is stronger than Chris Sharma.

Is it just me or are the people who are in every single magazine and movie, the famous people, are often not even close to being the strongest?? I mean, this guy warms up on the "pro's" projects and I have never even heard of him. Nuts.
"It’s a not so secret secret that people who call themselvs trad climbers dont actually climb. They just post shit on rocklimbing.com all night while masturbating to Parrollelojams."
toad857

Post by toad857 »

yes, it is just you.

and:

tom cruise really is the best actor
bill o'reilly really is the best news anchor
paris hilton........... well...
paulcorsaro

Post by paulcorsaro »

Man, every other day we hear about Siegrist making the hardest routes in the red look silly. How much longer is he here for? He should check out the dark side project or one of the other projects around here, it would be sick to see another one go down. I think its awesome just how psyched he is on the red too, it truly is a special place.
mike_anderson

Post by mike_anderson »

He may not be a "Rock Star", but I'll take this opportunity to spray about my brother, Mark. He was here for a week, trying to on-sight stuff (not flash, there is a difference) this was his ticklist:

Day 1: Phantasia and Military Wall
Twinkie 12a - On sight (OS)
Phatasia 12d - OS
Super Slab 12c - took a few tries to stick the big dyno at the start, then did the rest 1st try.
Mule 12c- OS
Gung Ho 12b - OS
Nicorette 12a - OS

Day 2: Motherlode
Chainsaw 12a - OS
Stain 12c -OS
Convicted 13a - OS
8 Ball 12d - OS
Swahili Slang 12c - OS
Ball Scratcher 12a - OS

Day 3: Funk Rock
Frugal Chariot 12a - OS
Orange Juice 12c - 2nd try
Seppuku 12d - OS
Go Easy Billy Clyde 12a - OS

Day 4: Sanctuary
Immaculate... 12a - OS
Peace Frog 12d - OS
Prometheus 13a - OS
Triple Sec 12d - OS
he started up Jesus Wept at 5:45, but down-climbed from the 2nd bolt because it was too dark

Day 5: Midnight Surf, Sanctuary
Inniquity 12b - OS
Tapeworm 12d - OS
Cruxifixion 12d - OS (burley slab w/ no chalk)
Cosmic Trigger 12a - Flash

He fell 4 times in a week on Super Slab, Orange Juice, Appalachian Spring and Zendebad (at Persepolis - while trying to hang the draws). It was inspiring to belay him.
toad857

Post by toad857 »

wow

how'd he get mad endurance without ever climbing any of those routes???????

wow
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Good work
Living the dream
Barnacle Ben

Post by Barnacle Ben »

Is he Monomaniac?
"But the motto was, never think you're that cool - you're still just climbing rocks...in the woods...with bugs...and everyone thinks you're crazy."

- Dave Graham