Ambulance / SAR at Roadside

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
weber

Post by weber »

Deleted
Last edited by weber on Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand. - Randy Pausch
None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm. - Henry David Thoreau
cliftongifford

Post by cliftongifford »

Excellent advice!
clif

Post by clif »

RICK

Thank you for the excellent posts.
Wes

Post by Wes »

Rick and WOSAR(tm) to the rescue!!!!
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda
sgauss

Post by sgauss »

Just out of curiousity, since I'm coming from a large metro area, are the EMTs generally volunteers around the Red?

And having given a hand to a responding EMT once, the total amount of gear can be pretty heavy, and wasn't well packaged for carrying much further than from a curb to the front door in a suburban neighborhood. Is the gear any better packaged for remote access situations?
anticlmber

Post by anticlmber »

sometimes but its just like the city, sometimes its a one story ranch, sometimes its a 30 floor apt. and the elevator is out.

remember folks, its okay to ease into, back off of, not do something if you don't feel comfortable. if your friends jeer you, F them!! if you want to stay in this game then you call the shots. might be a case of the dripping snatch scaring you but it might be common sense, although i hear that isn't going around much these days.

be safe.
Like me on facebook but hate me in real life
clif

Post by clif »

weber wrote:Just some friendly advice: Regardless of the type of injury you sustain in a fall, there could also be injury to your spine that may not be apparent - especially if another injury is serious enough to mask the back pain. Happens all the time.

Couple examples: Mark Wellman, the paraplegic who jugged his way up the Nose of El Cap twice, advices all to stay put after a fall. Let the medics get you to definitive care on a backboard and let them assess your injuries. Mark stumbled and fell while trail running back to the parking lot after a day of climbing. Hurt his back, and his buddy told him to sit tight while he got help. Mark said he was fine, got up took a couple steps, and a broken vertebra severed his spine.

i didn't know this background. this just puts my heart in my throat. praise God and the rock angels.
Last edited by clif on Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bob

Post by bob »

If it don’t hurt it ain’t broke, all personal injury lawyers to the contrary. If you can walk the likelihood of a “distracting injuryâ€
krampus

Post by krampus »

words of wisdom from Dr. Bob.

And just a few more from my late father.

"shithead, don't be stupid"
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared
clif

Post by clif »

if i could add the obvious, if you can't stand up it's probably an indication of deeper concerns; pain, tingling, poop, wriggling and odd feelings aside.