R'fest 2009 Clinics

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
Josephine

R'fest 2009 Clinics

Post by Josephine »

Since many people are asking about the clinic info, i thought i'd post it here. to sign up go to www.rrgcc.org and click on rocktoberfest.

Clinics are on SUNDAY from 10-2 and cost $30.

Elite Training: Are you stuck at 5.11 or 5.12 and looking to push it to the next level? Get training tips and techniques for elite-level climbing. Taught by Mike Doyle

Climb Like A Girl: Technique, tricks for weaklings, body position to help you cheat gravity, footwork, physical comprehension of the importance of balance and being relaxed. This is a must clinic for all the Neanderthal men out there. Taught by Audrey Sniezek

Intermediate Sport & Redpointing: Climbing is a never ending progression for each person. This clinic will explain the methods used to send a project. Areas covered will be: picking your project, setting goals on your project, how to stay psyched and follow through with your project. Taught by Emily Harrington

Intro to Trad Climbing: You will learn gear placement, how to rack, gear selection, tricks for resting, and movement. Taught by Katie Brown

Multipitch Efficiency: This is your chance to learn Muti-pitch systems with a focus on options for equipment, route finding, reading topos, belaying, safety, speed and rope management. Taught by Sonnie Trotter

Warrior's Way: Learn how to work with your body in movement, overcome your fears, trust your gear, and keep a cool head.. all in an afternoon. Taught by Arno Ilgner

Clinic locations are tentatively:
Solar Collector
Gallery
Playground
& global village

We are asking that if you are not in the clinics, that you consider other areas to climb on sunday. But we'd rather have you in the clinics :wink: they should be pretty awesome this year!!!
"Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game." ~ Under the Tuscan Sun
Shamis

Post by Shamis »

I hope Elite Training includes a weight loss clinic.
calvinivlac

Post by calvinivlac »

I thought Trotter was out from an emergency Appendectomy...
Josephine

Post by Josephine »

calvinivlac wrote:I thought Trotter was out from an emergency Appendectomy...
as of 9/17 he e-mailed and said he was teaching the class. i'm hoping he didn't go into surgery today.
"Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game." ~ Under the Tuscan Sun
calvinivlac

Post by calvinivlac »

No, just something I saw from his blog. I suppose he must be recovering well then. Sorry for the false alarm.
captain static

Post by captain static »

There are still a number of open slots for the clinics. Sign up for one while you still can.
"Be responsible for your actions and sensitive to the concerns of other visitors and land managers. ... Your reward is the opportunity to climb in one of the most beautiful areas in this part of the country." John H. Bronaugh
Josephine

Post by Josephine »

i wish i could get in on the mike doyle clinic. i may not climb that hard *yet* but he's got some killer training ideas that hugh's been talking about.

katie's clinic is almost full so if you wanted in on trad you'd better sign up ASAP.
captain static

Post by captain static »

For those of you who might not know, Mike was the Head Coach of the Canadian Junior National Climbing team. Here is a link to his training page - http://www.mikedoyle.ca/climbing/traininglinks.shtml
"Be responsible for your actions and sensitive to the concerns of other visitors and land managers. ... Your reward is the opportunity to climb in one of the most beautiful areas in this part of the country." John H. Bronaugh
Josephine

Post by Josephine »

multipitch only has 2 spots open
warrior's way is down to 2 spots open
climb like a girl has 3 openings

i'm not sure about the rest of them - but if you're thinking about signing up, you may want to do so ASAP before they're closed.
Josephine

Post by Josephine »

Multipitch is closed.

Warrior's way has 1 spot left.

the rest are filling up quick. and the Leading at your Limit is going to be a kick ass clinic.