Routes with only one free ascent?

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
sendit

Post by sendit »

Andrew wrote:Sharma did it second try, with no rest between tries.
Bullshit, I saw him rest at least 10 minutes, during which time he did 4 downward dogs, 3 updogs, and a held the warrior pose for a good 4 minutes.
all you haters die slow.
rustyvasectomy

Post by rustyvasectomy »

I think i got the second of wheel of time. Oh, and if someone wants to repeat starfish and coffee, i suggest jeans, a longsleeve shirt, a helmet for the belayer and lots of spider antivenom for everyone in the surrounding area.
"It’s a not so secret secret that people who call themselvs trad climbers dont actually climb. They just post shit on rocklimbing.com all night while masturbating to Parrollelojams."
Toy

Post by Toy »

I think i got the second of wheel of time.
Not quite
rockman

Post by rockman »

anticlmber wrote:what about that finger seam thing at torrent by windy corner??
crack is undone, but the "left" route is 12a. seen multiple ascents.
Crazy good route if your there, even if you A0 to the first bolt, one of the best 11s in the gorge (when it is brushed)
"My Shit is Fucked Up." --Warren Zevon and Terry Kindred.
MattG

Post by MattG »

Black Dick Project
Izzy

Post by Izzy »

Has "Charlie" at the chocolate factory been repeated? The comments in the online guide are a bit confusing- 4 people in the FA party- does that mean it's unrepeated or ripe for the fifth ascent?
" Gimme the bat Wendy... just, gimme the bat."

http://izzyill.carbonmade.com
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

Izzy wrote:Has "Charlie" at the chocolate factory been repeated? The comments in the online guide are a bit confusing- 4 people in the FA party- does that mean it's unrepeated or ripe for the fifth ascent?
it means welcome to the idiotic way we FA routes at the Red. Unless it is multipitch, there should never ever be more than one person on the FA. one person...duh, that's why it is called FIRST ascent...in the event that global warming isn't stopped by our lofty goals of naming, grid bolting, scraping and possessing every square inch of rock at the Red, then maybe, just maybe no one gives a flying fart about first, or fourtieth ascents. but I doubt that...climbers are too ego centric..heck, we even make up reasons to miss family crap during prime climbing conditions. we climbers are the noble tribe, being one with nature while despising and forsaking all others. before grid bolting allowed people to waste entire weekends on a proj, they would have been just regular run of the mill dorkwads. now we congregate with like ilk, and pretend we are special. so yes, bolt the stupid seam.

(please check my FA resume and you'll see my name never appears with any other losers.)

did I cover every current topic? oh yeah, flush anti's wallet down the toilet.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
rjackson

Post by rjackson »

I always thought the 'S' was silent in First Ascent(s)...
Pick myself up, stop lookin' back.
Grand Funk Railroad
JR

Post by JR »

I thought Charlie had yet to be Red pointed. Horatio where you at? Charlie has got to be easier than Snotrocket. Go give that thing a proper send and get your downrate on.
charlie

Post by charlie »

No need for all this discussion. Just buy me a beer and I'm pretty easy.