First Trip down.

Having problems finding a crag or a route?
PocketHandle

First Trip down.

Post by PocketHandle »

Hey everyone, Me and a friend are making our first trip down to RRG in 2 weeks. I was wondering if anyone could give me a few recommendations on some routes that they like. We are primarily going to be doing sport climbing but trad is not out of the question (more of a question of weather or not I want to lug around a rack). We climb 5.9 to 5.10 sport and we are just looking to have an awesome time. We plan on staying for around 5 days just for information. So if I could get any good recommendations on where some favorite routes are that would be awesome! Thanks, Scott. :D
der uber

Post by der uber »

If you've got 2 weeks, spend some time browsing the online guide (advanced search), or order the guide book. There are tons of great climbs in that grade range, and probably others outside of it that are worth your time. Anything 3 stars and up is going to be good, and even 2 star climbs can be decent. Hope you have a good time.
Brentucky

Post by Brentucky »

Unless you have steady internet access get a book, it's well worth the money and found at the gas stations nearby.

The Tectonic Wall and Johnny's Wall (right beside each other) would be one suggestion for the grades you're searching for.
efil lanrete... i enjoy the sound, but in truth i find this seductively backward idea to be quite frightening
allen

Post by allen »

the Hideout has 2 really long and awesome 10s right next to each other, boltergeist and pre-emptive strike
Then again there's the fact that African swallows are non migratory...
anticlmber

Post by anticlmber »

all of them.
Like me on facebook but hate me in real life