best 5.8 multi pitch trad

Placing a cam? Slotting a nut? Slinging a tree?
briceb13

Post by briceb13 »

no dogs in muir valley
tradisrad

Post by tradisrad »

Dang. Unless Muir Valley park offers a dogsitting service, we will just have to leave the pooches tied to the car 8) .
Josephine

Post by Josephine »

camhead wrote:
Josephine wrote:
Saxman wrote:Stout = 5.8? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
he's from the Gunks. a 5.8 in the Gunks is no joke.
Yeah, Gunks 5.8 = RRG 5.12. Really. I know because someone from the Gunks told me so.
i just got back from a 2-week trip to the gunks. if you haven't been, it's well worth going. probably one of my favorite climbing destinations. :-D
"Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game." ~ Under the Tuscan Sun
heroclimber

Post by heroclimber »

This has got to be the best post on RRC in a long time. I am laughing my ass off.
Please keep up the good work
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

troll, you guys are idiots. Why is bcombs the only person giving this guy shit, I am disappointed in all of you.
Living the dream
tradisrad

Post by tradisrad »

dang, well thanks for the suggestions, you all seem like a pretty nice bunch! Over on the gunks forums all we got is a bunch of damn out of towners; folks who just sit around their computers and just bust people's chops online! I will check out the routes yall suggested and let you guys know how it went.:D

Best,
Arthur
krampus

Post by krampus »

only the most professional and upstanding here. Besides, most of these "townies" are really from ohio and just pretending. And seriously, we all really like climbing 5.8 trad when we are not sending out projects.
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared
Shamis

Post by Shamis »

Go do "Modern Times" at the gunks. 5.8+. It will give you a new understanding of what 5.8 really means.
camhead

Post by camhead »

Shamis wrote:
Go do "Modern Times" at the gunks. 5.8+. It will give you a new understanding of what 5.8 really means.
Yeah, I know a guy who had onsighted Lucifer; he simply looked at Modern Times and his head exploded. The Gunks are SERIOUS.
faceholdonacrackclimbDAB!
L K Day

Post by L K Day »

Dicey at Best is a beautiful multi pitch 8. Wankers do the first pitch and bail, but it's good all the way to the top.
Last edited by L K Day on Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.