Out west sport climbing? A joke...

Other Crags, Aid Climbing, Bouldering, etc...
anticlmber

Post by anticlmber »

the weather is not that bad in kentucky. it makes you hardy and able to tolerate just about any conditions. going out west for the "weather" just makes you spoiled and complain about the littlest bit of humidity.

out west there are no lightning bugs. that is some bullshit.
Like me on facebook but hate me in real life
allah

Post by allah »

[/quote]Also, if you like nice vistas there are some great spots out west, but I have to admit, Purgatory was looking pretty sweet yesterday.[/quote]

Yea its pretty sweet and diverse i think.
tutugirl

Post by tutugirl »

Mike you are right, Rifle looks like a pile of shit...if you can't climb at this level...

http://www.rockclimbing.com/routes/Nort ... e_Arsenal/

and this is only one small area...
Margarita
The difference between bravery and stupidity is the outcome.
bcombs

Post by bcombs »

Does this actually count as an "Approach"?
RCEE.com wrote:Approach: The Arsenal is the first crag on the left hand side of the road. Park in the 4 car parking lot basically under "Rendez-Spew" and make a short walk to your given route.
tutugirl

Post by tutugirl »

I know the worst part are the approaches at Rifle...

you can almost belay from you car
Margarita
The difference between bravery and stupidity is the outcome.
mike_anderson

Post by mike_anderson »

I'm not sure where I said Rifle looks like a pile of shit. In fact, I find it quite beautiful, but I've never had much fun climbing there for some reason. I think it's the combination of chossy, slippery rock, and the crowds. It's really tough to get warmed up there because there are 2 decent 5.11s. A wise man once told me a crag is only as good as it's warmups. (you'll probably climb the warmup routes many more times than your proj). Just one more reason the Red is so good.

Did I ever tell you about the time I watched some tool drop a stick clip from 80 feet up the 8th Day? He nearly shish-kabobed me, but what really pissed me off was that it was my stick clip.
rustyvasectomy

Post by rustyvasectomy »

tutugirl wrote:Mike you are right, Rifle looks like a pile of shit...if you can't climb at this level...

http://www.rockclimbing.com/routes/Nort ... e_Arsenal/

and this is only one small area...
Wow, good example, too bad the arsenal is blocky, shitty choss. I swear to god, there is a road-cut cave on interstate 70 between rifle and grand junction that looks just like the arsenal. And if you think holds breaking at the red are bad, in the arsenal, whole sections of routes fall off...
One Spring morning of 1999, after a severe freeze/thaw period, climbers traipsed into the Arsenal only to find to find that a huge panel of blocks had dropped off the bottom third of Rendezspew (5.13b), Vitamin H (5.12c/d), Debaser (5.12d), and Dope Party<P> (5.12d) -- quickdraws still attached!
"It’s a not so secret secret that people who call themselvs trad climbers dont actually climb. They just post shit on rocklimbing.com all night while masturbating to Parrollelojams."
kdunbar

Post by kdunbar »

Yeah, the red is good, but it's in the SOUTH! I mean really.... people can't live there...
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

wow..never thought I'd hear that the red is in the south. isn't it on the same parallel as st george, utah, and san fran?

my bad, it is further north than both of those.... :roll:
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
ynot

Post by ynot »

The accent might be the giveaway
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney