Charged With Murder

Other Crags, Aid Climbing, Bouldering, etc...
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

michaelarmand wrote:Wow...very interesting read. I am amazed the grandy jury indicted for murder. It seems to me the actual cause of death was the victims failure to tie in properly. I could maybe see a criminally negligent homicide charge....
It is interesting and I see the defense making a strong enough case to prove that the victim was experienced enough to make his own choices about climbing, especially about his knot.
Last edited by Meadows on Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barnacle Ben

Post by Barnacle Ben »

I have to reiterate. It is a fake story, and a stupid one.
"But the motto was, never think you're that cool - you're still just climbing rocks...in the woods...with bugs...and everyone thinks you're crazy."

- Dave Graham
Pcgoss

Post by Pcgoss »

Yea your opinion is yours to have, and it sounds awfully fake, however it was posted merely as an interesting read. so maybe by you posting that its a stupid story, perhaps you'll meet someone on this site and you can both meet up and chat about other stupid things together....
"Dear Lord, please don't let me fuck up." — Attributed to Alan Shepard, the first American astronaut (makes a good rappelling prayer)
krampus

Post by krampus »

only serious conversations for serious people. You must bring your A-game to this site
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared
rustyvasectomy

Post by rustyvasectomy »

steep4me wrote: I don't climb with people who are high .
i don't climb with people who aren't high. I like to avoid reality as much as possible.
Jay

Post by Jay »

What a piece of crap read:
Ward was on belay at the time. Or so he thought. Upon seeing him fall, belayer and climb leader, Justin Morgan, tensioned the rope in his tuber.
Stupid stoner belays with a potato...
"Always carry a large flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake." -W.C. Fields
_Rasputin

Post by _Rasputin »

The moral of this story (real or fiction):

If you take a gumby climbing you are totally responsible for their safety, and the more irresponsible your actions are as a leader, the more responsible you will ultimately be held if there is an accident.
My baloney has a first name.
gripster

Post by gripster »

_Rasputin wrote:The moral of this story (real or fiction):

If you take a gumby climbing you are totally responsible for their safety, and the more irresponsible your actions are as a leader, the more responsible you will ultimately be held if there is an accident.
that's what i like to call bullshit. if you were a hired professional guide then yes, that would be the case. other wise it is assumption of risk. climbing is dangerous, everyone knows you could die, end of story.

yes, super lame story by the way, and totally fictitious.
_Rasputin

Post by _Rasputin »

gripster wrote:

that's what i like to call bullshit. if you were a hired professional guide then yes, that would be the case. other wise it is assumption of risk. climbing is dangerous, everyone knows you could die, end of story.

No, that's not B.S.

If you take a gumby climbing and fail to verify that he/she can tie a proper climbing knot and attach it to a harness then you should be liable, maybe not murder but at least negligent homocide.
My baloney has a first name.
rustyvasectomy

Post by rustyvasectomy »

_Rasputin wrote:
gripster wrote:

No, that's not B.S.

If you take a gumby climbing and fail to verify that he/she can tie a proper climbing knot and attach it to a harness then you should be liable, maybe not murder but at least negligent homocide.
Investigating officer-"Excuse me gumby, sorry to bother you when you are on the ground bleeding in a state of near death. Before you go though, could you please just follow through this figure eight, its for our investigation..."