Bumper Stickers

Having problems with the board or the online guidebook?
Suggestions welcome.
Spragwa

Post by Spragwa »

cliftongifford wrote:
Spragwa wrote:I don't have one currently. But my favorite is "America is a republic NOT a democracy." It tells me the driver is a dumbass since our nation is classified as both.
Actually The United States IS supposed to be a republic, NOT a democracy... at least it was never intended by our founding fathers to be a democracy. Where the word "republic" can be found in our Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, and all fifty states Constutions, the word democracy cannot be found. Democracy always leads to an oligarchic form of government, which then leads to the few (rich) controlling the many (poor). And thats where we are in the U.S. Fuck democracy! Long live the Republic!
Define democracy.

Oh and I have read plato and hobbs. But you're cute when you talk down to me.
Jesus only knows that she tries too hard. She's only trying to keep the sky from falling.

-Everlast
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

i"ve read hobbs...Calvin and Hobbs. And I think I have been in Plato's closet with my wife.

come on people..don't derail my thread. just list your bumper stickers without all the commentary, justification and "I wish I had"...crap.

If you are too cool for stickers, fine. Move on.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
goodguy

Post by goodguy »

tradseekers sounds cool
Oh man, he is messing that up. However, he is missing his left leg so that way would probably be harder for him. SCIN, just before spraying some beta for a climber doing a route the WRONG way.
Spragwa

Post by Spragwa »

pigsteak wrote:i"ve read hobbs...Calvin and Hobbs. And I think I have been in Plato's closet with my wife.

come on people..don't derail my thread. just list your bumper stickers without all the commentary, justification and "I wish I had"...crap.

If you are too cool for stickers, fine. Move on.
Great point. No more derail.

I had a "U Suck" bumper sticker on my last car in effigy of Terry. Got a TON of attention, just like the sparkling jackass.
Jesus only knows that she tries too hard. She's only trying to keep the sky from falling.

-Everlast
bjdm151

Post by bjdm151 »

A sickle and hammer and "Comrade Obama"

"Meat is Murder, tasty tasty murder"
Stuff
DHB

Post by DHB »

RRGCC, J&H, and one that says "infinite mpg" with a picture of two bicycle wheels (infinity) next to it. Why it's on my car, i have no idea.

bumper stickers= road rage.

http://tech.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid ... 17/0148238
Rotarypwr345704

Post by Rotarypwr345704 »

I should preface this one with a statement that I am NOT racist, I did not make this up, and am NOT trying to stir a political debate, but it struck me as funny:

"A black man president. Yeah when pigs fly!"
Less than 100 days into his presidency and we face the Swine Flu.

And yes, that did fit onto a bumper sticker.
I fell for the everyone-shut-up-and-ill-donate-money scheme. -Ray Ellington, guidebook gawd

My name is Sam Douglass and I love to pose for photo shoots holding on to a jug with only one hand (and no feet!) with my best friend Ian.
quicksilver

Post by quicksilver »

Hoosier Heights Climbing Gym (naturally)
Horseshe Canyon Ranch
Speedplay
German (D) logo

Those are the boring stickers on my vehicle.
A bike rider I know has one I really like.
it says "186,000 miles per second , it's the law" he is a physicist.
"If you smile at me I will understand
Because that is something everybody, everywhere does in the same language"
Crosby,Stills and Nash - Wooden Ships
cliftongifford

Post by cliftongifford »

Spragwa wrote:
cliftongifford wrote:
Spragwa wrote:I don't have one currently. But my favorite is "America is a republic NOT a democracy." It tells me the driver is a dumbass since our nation is classified as both.
Actually The United States IS supposed to be a republic, NOT a democracy... at least it was never intended by our founding fathers to be a democracy. Where the word "republic" can be found in our Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, and all fifty states Constutions, the word democracy cannot be found. Democracy always leads to an oligarchic form of government, which then leads to the few (rich) controlling the many (poor). And thats where we are in the U.S. Fuck democracy! Long live the Republic!
Define democracy.

Oh and I have read plato and hobbs. But you're cute when you talk down to me.
Sorry if it sounded as if I was talking down to you... I wasn't trying to be that way.

as for bumper stickers, my vw is covered. my favorite one is "if you're reading this thank a teacher, if you're reading this in english thank a soldier." In memory of my grandfather.
krampus

Post by krampus »

does the placement of the sticker mean anything? I only have one sticker that sais "RED RIVER GORGE" (to avoid confusion if I drove to the new) but when I put it on I tried so hard to get it right but you only get one shot at a bumper sticker and, well, its crooked as shit, practically a 45 degree angle.
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared