levaquin/tendon ruptures/warning

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
"the"general

levaquin/tendon ruptures/warning

Post by "the"general »

The Potent Antibiotic Levaquin Has Been Tied to Painful Tendon Ruptures, Other Injuries Levaquin (generic levofloxacin) is a powerful, prescription antibiotic made by Ortho-McNeil Pharmaceutical that has been linked to an increased risk of tendon ruptures, tendonitis, and other serious injuries. As part of the group of antibiotics called fluoroquinolones, Levaquin is commonly used to treat bacterial infections of the sinuses, skin, lungs, ears, airways, bones, and joints.

Tendons can rupture quickly, within hours of taking Levaquin, or may take weeks to develop. In some cases, patients feel pain and notice swelling or bruising in the area of the tendon, but some patients report seeing no symptoms of problems before they are injured.

FDA Warns Users of Levaquin About Risk of Tendon Ruptures!

Find out more!

http://mail2.grassshare.com/6t6dr8boy-z4-8y
gripster

Post by gripster »

i have a general rule of thumb to follow about antibiotics, DON'T USE THEM EVER!!!! unless of course you absolutely have to. i used to get a sinus infection every year and i treated it with a z-pack. i decided not to treat it one year and it went away on it's own in a couple of weeks. and guess what, since i stopped taking antibiotics i haven't got one since! antibiotics are bad! drug companies are the devil! that is all....
anticlmber

Post by anticlmber »

i'll keep that in mind if you ever get anthrax which is one of the uses of levaquin.
Like me on facebook but hate me in real life
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

gripster, What would you do if you contract chlamydia or gonnorhea?
anticlmber

Post by anticlmber »

probably call and thank meadows
bcombs

Post by bcombs »

:lol:
gripster

Post by gripster »

anticlmber wrote:i'll keep that in mind if you ever get anthrax which is one of the uses of levaquin.
perhaps you missed the "absolutely have to" part, you druggy.
gripster, What would you do if you contract chlamydia or gonnorhea?
gotta be careful where you stick your junk

it's too bad, seems like you have all be brainwashed into thinking "i need drugs".
anticlmber

Post by anticlmber »

you DO need drugs.
your parties must suck.....
heavyc

Post by heavyc »

I am pretty sure all of the flouroquinolones including Cipro and Avelox have been associated with tendon ruptures, I would agree avoid all medications if you can, In the U.S. for a variety of reasons we prescribe way too many antibiotics for symptoms that are usually due to viral illnesses, which they do nothing for.
anticlmber

Post by anticlmber »

correct bigc, according to all my references they all carry that risk double so if elderly or on corticosteroids.