Copperheads in Emerald City

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
KINGCASTLE

Copperheads in Emerald City

Post by KINGCASTLE »

I spent today (May,30.09) Climbing in Emerald City. My friends and I came across 2 gigantic copperheads coiled up right next to Eureka which is a highly traveled crag. So just a heads up to everyone, watch where u step, because they blend in insanely well with the rocks and sand.
Be safe
-Levi
Gee Wilakers Batman!!
tbwilsonky

Post by tbwilsonky »

yeah. lady slipper is packed with camo copperheads. i once saw no less than 6 of them lounging in the sun under pinstripe.
haunted.
toad857

Post by toad857 »

i kill venomous snakes
KINGCASTLE

Post by KINGCASTLE »

Well I couldn't bring myself to kill them, when I took a stick to move them out of the way, they did not even attempt to strike. I just picked them up by their tails and carried them bout 100 yrds away. Suprisingly they were not even the slightest bit agressive, weird i dk.
Gee Wilakers Batman!!
Winterstorm

Post by Winterstorm »

as a general rule copperheads are non-agressive, a major exception is when they are shedding. That crag has a healthy population in residence every year, still...not a good idea to handle the wildlife
scars are tattoos with better stories
enoch308

Post by enoch308 »

They have always been there. Kingcastle I am glad to hear you did not kill them. I know they kinda freak me out when they are so close. But they really seem to be pretty docile. It's just part of that crag. Never heard of them causing anyone harm there.
....with every step he takes ... every move he makes....
odds are he won't live to see tomorrow.
weber

Post by weber »

This guy spends a lot of time in the meadow at the trailhead to Calvin Hollow. He comes in just under 60 inches, which we understand is large for a copperhead. The can of OFF gives a scale.
We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand. - Randy Pausch
None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm. - Henry David Thoreau
weber

Post by weber »

Last week, a friend went over to flip on the light switch in the barn and grabbed a handful of snake. In the dark, the pattern had us thinking it might be a copperhead. But when I flashed this pix, it was clearly just an eastern milk snake, that now has taken up residence in the barn on mouse patrol.

We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand. - Randy Pausch
None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm. - Henry David Thoreau
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

I nearly passed out just reading that. :shock:
enoch308

Post by enoch308 »

Are we going to find those things in the potty at Muir ?

:shock: