Porter Hangers

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.

Have you actually fallen on a Porter hanger?

You may select 1 option

View results

bcombs

Post by bcombs »

Yes, I'll get you the hangers. I'm scared to even ask...you are putting bolts in, right?
Wes

Post by Wes »

You want to climb routes, but don't have the money to fully bolt, right? So, why not take the money you do have, put in top anchors, and just leave cheap, but kinda strong cord through all the anchors. Then, just attach a normal rope, pull it through, TR all day long, then pull the thin cord back through for the next day. Depending on the wall, you might get by with just a few sets of anchors and take the swing if you fall. Then as you get money, go ahead and add bolts to the routes. Within a couple years, you will have a it done, and with the right gear.
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda
rhunt

Post by rhunt »

Looks like whatahutch has changed his mind so I won't post my smart-ass remark about using an old car seatbelt for is next harness.
"Climbing is the spice, not the meal." ~ Lurkist
whatahutch

Post by whatahutch »

Hmm. like that one Wes. I had already got tired of walking to the top of the cliff and setting up anchors to trees to top rope with. (And I left my webbing in the woods for a month so until I get some more that was out of the q too).
"Come to send, not condescend" - Eddie Vedder
Ascentionist

Post by Ascentionist »

Wow...words fail me. I thought I was cheap.
There is no TEAM in I
Rollo

Post by Rollo »

why would any of you try to help this guy?.... i think every route at your super secret crag should be called Darwin Loves You. natural selection baby!
And on the third day, God created the Red River Gorge(by conjecture), and he saw that it was good.
rustyvasectomy

Post by rustyvasectomy »

wheel of time at emerald city is all porter hangers. fell on a couple of them, still alive and no problems...
"It’s a not so secret secret that people who call themselvs trad climbers dont actually climb. They just post shit on rocklimbing.com all night while masturbating to Parrollelojams."