Porter Hangers

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.

Have you actually fallen on a Porter hanger?

You may select 1 option

View results

Saxman

Post by Saxman »

$130? Shit, Caribe, Pawilkes, and I will have our helicopter money by spring.
The theory of evolution is just as stupid as the theories of gravity and electromagnetism.
Wes

Post by Wes »

whatahutch, You know, I would really, really like a lot of things. But, I don't have the money for them. You really want to put up routes, but you don't have the money for proper gear. Seems like the reasonable thing to do would be to only put in hardware as you get the money for proper gear. If it is private, invite a few friends to climb for a hardware donation. Seriously, there is no reason to bolt routes half ass these days. Again, do it right, or just don't do it. Period.
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda
whatahutch

Post by whatahutch »

I am not needing 100 hangers to finish the mini-crag. I need 20, at most. 3 1/2 foot angle iron should take care of it. 2 inch hangers. Opposing holes set in opposite corners so that it doesn't wrench over at 90 degrees but hangs in the same direction as a petzl hanger. (And the torque will be in the same direction).

You all don't understand. Either I bolt it with them or they don't get bolted. And I don't get to climb the routes for maybe ten years. Because both me and my wife are grad-school poor with a child on the way. The crag is an hour west of Louisville so how many people are going to go there to bolt it? It is a mini-crag. Short routes short cliff. Private land.

You up for a weekend trip Pig? I know where a better crag is then the one on the farm. There are a bunch or routes needing to go up there. You could help me finish my crag and then we could go there.
"Come to send, not condescend" - Eddie Vedder
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

See what happens when you have children before you can afford them? You have to make your own gear.
The theory of evolution is just as stupid as the theories of gravity and electromagnetism.
dhoyne

Post by dhoyne »

I would consider saving money by using clothesline instead of an actual climbing rope also. If you bargain hunt you might even find some clothespins to use as biners!
Sarcasm is a tool the weak use to avoid confrontation. People with any balls just outright lie.

[quote="Meadows"]I try not to put it in my mouth now, but when I do, I hold it with just my lips.[/quote]
bcombs

Post by bcombs »

You need 20? Now we are talking about 30 bucks, not 130 (low qty is 1.50 each). I don't care what you do man, it's your property, but if it were me I would figure out a way to do it right. I'll sell you 20 for what I paid for them and leave them at Mig's for you. $26.00.
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

You expect him to drive? Jesus, do you know how much gas that would be? Quit being a dick and just mail them to him.
whatahutch

Post by whatahutch »

bcombs, what do u suggest I do? Should I finish my woodie, which is where my limited amount of blow money is headed to at this point, or should I go with hangers and bolts.
Training or bolting?

Seriously though. Thanks for the offer.
Savage

Post by Savage »

if you bolt, cant you just train on the rock? =)
whatahutch

Post by whatahutch »

Wes, is right. I am just going to hold off. Maybe. I might mow a couple extra yards for a while to make some money. Are you still down for the hangers bcombs?