Eastern Sky Bridge: Where oh where???

Having problems finding a crag or a route?
toad857

Post by toad857 »

have gotten lost more than once trying to find this crag...

my beta: look for an old, rusted metal signpost (minus the sign) opposite the crag side of the road. the trail is exactly there.
512OW

Post by 512OW »

Thats crazy... you can see the crag from the road. I can't imagine getting lost going there...
"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken."
-Tyler Durden

www.odubmusic.com
endercore

Post by endercore »

many new climbers to the red struggle with approaches that are longer that .5 seconds.
steep4me

Post by steep4me »

Just give up and go to Muir Valley--where you can follow the signs and the routes are labelled. Leave Skybridge to the experts. :wink:
Hauling a big ego up a route adds at least a full grade.
mike_anderson

Post by mike_anderson »

I have put Ray's guidebook through the ringer over the last 8 months, going to many crags without prior knowledge or a tourguide, and I have to say that it is by far the most accurate guide I've ever used. Here comes the but....

The directions for ESB are messed up. He does say go "about a mile" past the Funk Rock parking lot, and it's more like a couple hundred yards. So far that is the only mistake I've found, (besides giving Lip Service 5 stars), and I've been impressed with the very detailed directions to most crags. The red is such an intricate climbing area, that it's not any easy job to write detailed directions to each of 100+ obscrure crags we have here. He did a great job.
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

yeah ray..you suck. get with it.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
steep4me

Post by steep4me »

I think the other minor flaw is that the routes at DriveBy are listed in reverse order. I keep seeing lost out-of-towners trying to figure it out.
Hauling a big ego up a route adds at least a full grade.
bcombs

Post by bcombs »

Yeah, but then you tell them Breakfast Burrito is the last route on the left and then hop on the real burrito to warm up before they figure out what happened.