Puppy needs a home...

Selling some gear? Find or lose something?
Wes

Puppy needs a home...

Post by Wes »

Hey, just found this guy wandering in the road near military - has that sorta abandoned vibe. Very friendly, fine with other dogs, but seems like he is new to a leash. OK heath, we pulled a half dozen ticks off so far. We have a bit of room on our care credit card, so going to take him to lex tomorrow for the basic shots / wormer /etc. If we didn't already have four, we would try to keep him - fluffy little bit of love for sure.

"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

Awwww.
The theory of evolution is just as stupid as the theories of gravity and electromagnetism.
ynot

Post by ynot »

Looks like the same one I found at Fortress. I think he lives at the cabin across the road from the campground on the river there. He wanders off now and then.
friendly and happy.He hung out with me all weekend.
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
young'n climber

Post by young'n climber »

House broken or no?
Alan Evil is a whiney fucking bitch.
_____

The quest for certainty blocks the search for meaning. Uncertainty is the very condition to impel man to unfold his powers.
anticlmber

Post by anticlmber »

ynot wrote:Looks like the same one I found at Fortress. I think he lives at the cabin across the road from the campground on the river there. He wanders off now and then.
friendly and happy.He hung out with me all weekend.
after saying that jes i think you are right. there was a dog that used to get "found" every few days, usually in that area, and the old guy would come pick it up and off they'd go. few days later someone else would show up eith him.
Like me on facebook but hate me in real life
Wes

Post by Wes »

Hey, we drove over there today with him, and while they do have a beagle mix, it is older then him and still around. The lady there also kinda thinks he was just dropped off - he looks like he was pretty well cared for until just the last week or so.

He is adapting to the leash pretty well and gets along well with our dogs, though Neville isn't very friendly to him.

Not sure about house broken, but he is OK with being in a kennel, and uses the bathroom when we take him out. He will whine just a little bit if he is in the kennel and there is a lot going on around, but mostly he just chills.

Going to be in Lexington tomorrow if anyone wants to meet him.

Po, the kung fu panda
DHB

Post by DHB »

any lost dog signs at miguels? maybe he's a crag dog that wandered off and the owner's aren't on here. or it could even be a hiker's.
Wes

Post by Wes »

We have been pimping him out at Miguel's as well, so far, no one has claimed him.

Po, the kung fu panda
tania

Post by tania »

Hey y'all, took the little guy to the vet today and just wanted to give an update:

He's approximately 1 year old and is not neutered.
His weight is just about perfect, around 30 lbs.
His teeth, ears, skin and coat are all in great shape.
Had his rabies vaccine.
Was tested for 4 diseases transfered through ticks and was negative on all 4.
Had a fecal exam for worms, giardia, etc but will not have results back until tomorrow or Monday.

Overall a really healthy puppy just waiting for a loving family and home!!!
"Life is a balance of holding on and letting go." ~Keith Urban
Wes

Post by Wes »

Bump...

After spending a few more days with him, he is a great dog. Still a bit of playful puppy, but really mellow and we behaved. Very, very friendly and cuddly. So, even if you can't take him, maybe you someone who can. If we didn't have four dogs already or if we had a big house and yard, I think we could keep him, but we just can't swing it.

Po, the kung fu panda