road to motherlode

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
slaps

Post by slaps »

anyone that can help facilitate this? PRMP is too sweet to let go downhill...literally
woodchuck008

Re: road to motherlode

Post by woodchuck008 »

TVA wrote:it's been a while and i was wondering the current conditions of the road to motherlode. i have a new honda fit (similar to civic). do you think it will make it out of there without getting beat up?
I burned up 2 tires, overRPM'd the engine on a Chevy Metro, thus split the distributer cap, etc, etc. repairs. Never again. I've now got a new Fit, and will never risk driving it down any steep hills again that don't have an easy back way out. Thumb a ride in to the southern region I guess, or get a 4WD. Good luck
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

slaps wrote:anyone that can help facilitate this? PRMP is too sweet to let go downhill...literally
"anyone" and "someone" always seem to be projecting. "nobody" tries to help, but all his brahs are busy drinking....sorry, looks like you're it.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
charlie

Post by charlie »

slaps wrote:anyone that can help facilitate this? PRMP is too sweet to let go downhill...literally
Facilitate what? Is there a question here?
bcombs

Post by bcombs »

charlie wrote:Facilitate what? Is there a question here?
Facilitate fixing the road of course! Get your shovel and yard rake. Slaps will meet us out there at 2:00PM sharp today!
charlie

Post by charlie »

Heh, good point. We'll be there right after we inspect and certify/replace all the bolts on PMRP, clear the fallen trees, secure the Lode, open Oil Crack and Arena, finish the LAC process and write the Climbing Mgmt guide, improve communication to all our donors, work with other LCO's on their missions, raise the cash for the payment this year, build the bike trails, and verify the oil company has no problem with us working on the road.

Then I'm going on break. :wink:
charlie

Post by charlie »

Seriously though, we have donated some money to the cause over the last couple years. Essentially Charmagne, Lee County, and RRGCC all do a part to keep it passable.

When you understand most of the traffic is climbers, you have to believe it is partly our responsibility to keep it maintained. It also helps build brownies points for us as a community and that's never a bad thing.
clif

Post by clif »

one factor that could mitigate and reduce the need for constant concern is by driving a slow steady pace up the hill and NOT spinning out and digging holes that then quickly trap followers.

nevermind
ahab

Post by ahab »

clif wrote:one factor that could mitigate and reduce the need for constant concern is by driving a slow steady pace up the hill and NOT spinning out and digging holes that then quickly trap followers.

nevermind
woodchuck008 wrote:I burned up 2 tires, overRPM'd the engine on a Chevy Metro, thus split the distributer cap, etc, etc. repairs. Never again.
i say we make woody pave it.
buy the Ticket take the Ride
ReachHigh

Post by ReachHigh »

clif wrote:one factor that could mitigate and reduce the need for constant concern is by driving a slow steady pace up the hill and NOT spinning out and digging holes that then quickly trap followers.

nevermind

but not to slow, you want to go fast enough to keep momentum though the holes that already are their, moderate speed > going too slow > f'n flying.
"there's a line between self improvement and self involvement"
"Dogs are nature's pooper scoopers ."