Caver's Route

Placing a cam? Slotting a nut? Slinging a tree?
agentWTF

Post by agentWTF »

pigsteak wrote:shake habit of a hobbit?
Hobbits have a habit of poor spelling... :idea:
B.J.

Post by B.J. »

I just took 4 up with me this past weekend and had no problems. Though it did take FOREVER.
agentWTF

Post by agentWTF »

B.J. wrote:I just took 4 up with me this past weekend and had no problems. Though it did take FOREVER.
That may actually be a good thing. See, I'm heading down to RRG for about 4 days, and the people in my group aren't nearly as "gung ho" as I would like for them to be. I'm hoping that Caver's can be a good mission to do on an off day. In my opinion, if you have 4 days to climb, there's no room for an off day...
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

so why waste one on caver's route...everyone knows this is considered scrambling, ant not climbing, so please refrain from using the word" climbing" when discussing this hike.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
Wes

Post by Wes »

My beta:

Just take shoes, chalk bag (with belt, so you can swing it to the side), one draw, one locker, one atc and one rope (though it might need to be 70 meters to get down from the ledge in one rap). Any more gear will just get in the way.
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda
ahab

Post by ahab »

pigsteak wrote:so why waste one on caver's route...everyone knows this is considered scrambling, ant not climbing, so please refrain from using the word" climbing" when discussing this hike.
actually, it's more like caving...hence the name. :lol:
buy the Ticket take the Ride
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

Wes wrote:My beta:

Just take shoes, chalk bag (with belt, so you can swing it to the side), one draw, one locker, one atc and one rope (though it might need to be 70 meters to get down from the ledge in one rap). Any more gear will just get in the way.
waht's the ACT for without a harness?
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
Wes

Post by Wes »

Yeah, might need one of those as well. But, mostly just for getting down.
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda
Pcgoss

Post by Pcgoss »

Im considering free soloing this b/c i cant find a climbing partner this friday...can anyone give me beta?
"Dear Lord, please don't let me fuck up." — Attributed to Alan Shepard, the first American astronaut (makes a good rappelling prayer)
512OW

Post by 512OW »

You can make it down with a 60, but I'd just downclimb...
"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken."
-Tyler Durden

www.odubmusic.com