tall, strong climber chicks

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
DHB

Post by DHB »

Andrew wrote: Just ask Jens at 8a.nu. He has compiled a list of top climber and height
so, where might one find this list
Josephine

Post by Josephine »

margarita - while amazing - is most certainly not 5'8" :-)

So there's Gita for sure and maybe Alex Johnson and/or Charlotte Jouett. that's a very short list of tall women!
"Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game." ~ Under the Tuscan Sun
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

What about Lisa Hathaway. She's over 6' ft
bcombs

Post by bcombs »

I'm curious where we are going with this?
krampus

Post by krampus »

Now, if we could further filter the list to those who are still single with a facebook account.....
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared
Barnacle Ben

Post by Barnacle Ben »

I'm pretty sure Maria Sharapova is 6'2" or something.
"But the motto was, never think you're that cool - you're still just climbing rocks...in the woods...with bugs...and everyone thinks you're crazy."

- Dave Graham
charlie

Post by charlie »

krampus wrote:Now, if we could further filter the list to those who are still single with a facebook account.....
I keep that list updated for my own personal benefit.
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

According to data from the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, only 5% of women are over 5'8" tall therefore the percentage of female climbers who crush could possibly also be only 5 in 100. Since "crushing" could be naming 20 women, then only 1 of them would be over 5'8".
The theory of evolution is just as stupid as the theories of gravity and electromagnetism.
Josephine

Post by Josephine »

bcombs wrote:I'm curious where we are going with this?
i get tired of being told that there are no good women climbers that are tall. i suppose this comes up when people talk to me because i am tall (5'9").

while i instinctively knew their claim was hogwash, i could never produce a counter example of a tall strong female climber. even after talking to climbers that had been around for a while we still couldn't come up with an example. now i can. that's all. :-D
"Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game." ~ Under the Tuscan Sun
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Embrace it, now you have a constant excuse to use. This is what I do.
Living the dream