The ongoing weekend idiot report

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
charlie

Post by charlie »

So much judgment around here......

Thankfully I don't climb any more, I'd be ashamed to be associated with anyone other than Crank.
bcombs

Post by bcombs »

elcapitan1974 wrote:
bcombs wrote:A traddie is the person standing behind the main character in each of these idiot reports rooting them on so he/she can top rope the ultra hard AWOL.
Wow, your the man, lots of moderate sport, but how many times did you hang on the MIghty Eidson?
Oh man, yawn... :lol: Cmon dude, don't get your panties all bunched up. It's hard to climb OW when your clothes are all lumpy.

I'm pretty sure I never said I was the man. I'm also pretty sure my statement is accurate. Visit any popular gumby wall this Saturday and count how many out of shape has been clowns you see. Spraying about back in the day this, before the trash that, when bold was bold.

I have tons of respect for hard trad climbers. I wouldn't dare lump them in with the "traddies". That's because they call themselves climbers not traddies and enjoy sport as much as the rest of us.
rjackson

Post by rjackson »

bcombs wrote:...That's because they call themselves climbers not traddies and enjoy sport as much as the rest of us.
word.
Pick myself up, stop lookin' back.
Grand Funk Railroad
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

rjackson wrote:
bcombs wrote:...That's because they call themselves climbers not traddies and enjoy sport as much as the rest of us.
word.
I can vouch for this seedy rjackson fellow...he's the real deal..sucks at both sport and trad. welcome to my world.

come on, we all know elcap does it for the chicks.....
Last edited by pigsteak on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

el cap, you've been punk'd.....
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
ahab

Post by ahab »

christ. it lasted a week, then just when i thought we had a decent, entertaining thread that would be around a while...this shit again. back to the idiots please.
buy the Ticket take the Ride
rjackson

Post by rjackson »

pigsteak wrote:...welcome to my world.

Seems like a nice place; let me get my sweater...
Pick myself up, stop lookin' back.
Grand Funk Railroad
pkananen

Post by pkananen »

ahab wrote:just when i thought we had a decent, entertaining thread that would be around a while...this shit again. back to the idiots please.
sooo...what do you call this diversion from idiocy??
ScrmnPeeler

Post by ScrmnPeeler »

(Warning- this did not happen this weekend).

Long ago, I got to the backside of Pistol Ridge at about 8 a.m. to find the three sport routes with ropes on them, no draws, just ropes through the chains. I pulled the first one down and did my thing. Same with the second, and the third.

The owner shows up about 10:30 wondering why his ropes were down and seemed to think that by leaving them up that he had reserved the area indefinitely. He said he wanted to finish a second pot of coffee in camp and was pissed that we couldn't just climb somewhere else until he was ready to finish.

These are short 5.7s, and 5.8s and he looked at me like I had tossed 5 pitches of fixed line off of Denali.

Hey, I coiled his ropes and left them on a log out of the dirt. What a douche.
So, you're a feminist...isn't that cute.
toad857

Post by toad857 »

ScrmnPeeler wrote:(Warning- this did not happen this weekend).

Long ago, I got to the backside of Pistol Ridge at about 8 a.m. to find the three sport routes with ropes on them, no draws, just ropes through the chains. I pulled the first one down and did my thing. Same with the second, and the third.

The owner shows up about 10:30 wondering why his ropes were down and seemed to think that by leaving them up that he had reserved the area indefinitely. He said he wanted to finish a second pot of coffee in camp and was pissed that we couldn't just climb somewhere else until he was ready to finish.

These are short 5.7s, and 5.8s and he looked at me like I had tossed 5 pitches of fixed line off of Denali.

Hey, I coiled his ropes and left them on a log out of the dirt. What a douche.
good call. toproping through the chains is a no no.