Drill Doctor

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
sharon9999

Post by sharon9999 »

Yes the Drill Dr. does work,we have one in our shop and get good results with our standard metal cutting bits.You can also sharpen drill bits on a grinding wheel if you have a good eye and know what you're doing.The carbide bits we use are solid carbide,you won't grind off the carbide on the tips of those bits...How ever we usually send out the carbide bits for sharpening.I don't think the Drill Dr. will work out if your bits are carbide.
Josephine

Post by Josephine »

Andrew wrote:The 10" at the place by the museum are only $8
hmmm - could you be a little bit more specific. such as maybe the name of the "place by the museum" or even which museum you're talking about :-D

i make the drive from lex/dayton about once a month so maybe next time a slight detour into cincy would be in order.
"Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game." ~ Under the Tuscan Sun
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

There is a store by Union Termnial off 75. Right by the post office and goldstar dowtown. I forget the name. They have a really good selection of anchors, drills, and tools.
Living the dream
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Weldco Buildco Inc
2121 Spring Grove Ave
Cincinnati, OH 45214
513-744-9353
Living the dream
Josephine

Post by Josephine »

thanks!
"Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game." ~ Under the Tuscan Sun
ynot

Post by ynot »

It's on the opposite corner from Gold Star Chili. They carry Bosch ,bits, blades, all kinds of stuff. My in laws work there. Get off at Freeman, take a right and the next right on Spring Grove, go through the tunnel and it's not far. don't run the stop sign on the other end of the tunnel.
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
willmcfarland

Post by willmcfarland »

Only works on traditional bit, not masonry bits :roll:
the lurkist

Post by the lurkist »

Hale Machinery on Winchester Road sharpens bits. A handful will cost ten bucks. A few days for turn around.
"It really is all good ! My thinking only occasionally calls it differently..."
Normie
ynot

Post by ynot »

Do they sharpen planer and jointer blades? The place they send them to here does lousy work.
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
willmcfarland

Post by willmcfarland »

ynot wrote:Do they sharpen planer and jointer blades? The place they send them to here does lousy work.
They may, you can go to Home Depot and look at the box. If you use regular drill bits a lot, especially in wood or soft stuff, they'll sharpen a few times.