early start on summer job

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
andrew.reed

early start on summer job

Post by andrew.reed »

i'm a full time student but i need a summer job and instead of always messing with schedules at work to get to the red, i was thinking i might try to get a job in the area this summer, any suggestions? id be down for most anything with exceptions to prostitution, drug dealing, and money laundering :lol:
p0bray01

Post by p0bray01 »

How about trying to get a job at Lil Abners? There is always Subway too. Miguels may or may not hire you....and you might be able to get one with one of the cabin renting agencies.

Just a thought. :)
"The Mountains are my church and climbing is how I worship" - Tommy Caldwell
andrew.reed

Post by andrew.reed »

yeah i was thinking red river outdoors with its many levels of offerings might have a place for me
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

What about True North?
woodchuck008

Post by woodchuck008 »

Trying to be the 99th seasonal part time employee at Miguels are you? I'd agree any of the bigger places might have more of a need, especially if they have cabins to clean and maintain.
andrew.reed

Post by andrew.reed »

no i wasn't even going to consider miguels honestly, i realize the demand for that place and i fancy the idea of working cabin or canoe rental much more than slaving over ovens, i had a friend who did land maintance for the webers last summer, i'll ask her how she stumbled upon that one as well
captain static

Post by captain static »

You might broaden your prospects by looking in Stanton, Campton, or Winchester. Mt. Sterling and Morehead are possibilities too. I think the Forest Service hires summer staff.
"Be responsible for your actions and sensitive to the concerns of other visitors and land managers. ... Your reward is the opportunity to climb in one of the most beautiful areas in this part of the country." John H. Bronaugh
Fartspray

Post by Fartspray »

There is always a need for a few good Fluffers. The pay sucks but so do some of the clients..... :shock:
"I want to be in Kentucky when the end of the world comes, because it's always 20 years behind" - Mark Twain.
toad857

Post by toad857 »

captain static wrote: I think the Forest Service hires summer staff.
they do. depending on your experience/education, you could end up quite happy there.

now would be the time to look into it... those jobs are competitive
steep4me

Post by steep4me »

You can wash my car, brush my dog, carry my pack, make my meals.
Oh...how hard do you climb?
You could be a rope gun if you can climb 12's and up?
Seriously though--Lago Linda sometimes hires people--also, there are places to work in Beattyville. The IGA, mexican restaurant, Rite Aid, etc...
Hauling a big ego up a route adds at least a full grade.