Camping in the Red this week....

Having problems finding a crag or a route?
michaelarmand

Camping in the Red this week....

Post by michaelarmand »

Anyone have any suggestions for camping and eating this week? What is open that has showers? How about eats for breakfast, and some good dinner? I may also need an Asian massage...

Thanks!
andrew.reed

Post by andrew.reed »

if they are still open, check out land of arches, by muir valley, http://landofthearches.com/directions.html they have showers and whatnot, make sure to call the contact at the bottom of the page, went there once and no one was there, i guess they need to be expecting someone
Josephine

Post by Josephine »

you can camp at miguels. slide your $2/day under the door. no showers, but the rest area is close by. although it is one of the coldest places to camp.

you may check with Red River Outdoors and see if they have a cabin available. a bit more $$$ but WELL worth it. i've stayed in their cabins twice and it was wonderful both times! :-D

the subway is open for food or if you get a cabin you can always cook up something yummy
"Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game." ~ Under the Tuscan Sun
Snowpuppy

Post by Snowpuppy »

I definately recommend an RRO cabin or land of the arches. When I was last at land of the arches, the showers had already been winterized. Also you might want to bring your food since gas station quizine, subway, or the natural bridge hotel (a bit pricey but worth it-the food is great) are the only options you have except for DQ in Stanton.
"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear, such people become crazy-they become legends." ---Legends of the Fall
KD

Post by KD »

D Q is D Queoolest!
woodchuck008

Post by woodchuck008 »

BYO food! Doesn't anyone live off of their campstove anymore? FD, cans, MRE's, noodles and soups, Heater Meals, endless menu of simplicity. Or eat at the Shell station 3X a day.
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

doesn't anyone explore the local towns anymore?

beattyville has 3-4 restauraunts, campton has twice as many.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
michaelarmand

Post by michaelarmand »

Nothing seems to be open - land of the arches website is down, no call back from lago's, true north's phone is disconnected, and the natural bridge hotel is not serving food until Tuesday afternoon.

Something tells me I am not going to find an Asian massage either in Slade (or Campton for that matter).

I guess we will rough it at Miguels....anyone want to come down to feed and/or massage me?
I've been a gumby longer than you've been climbing.
Wes

Post by Wes »

If you climb in the southern region, Beattyville is pretty close (closer then Stanton for sure), there is a pretty good pizza place right before you get into town, Pizza on the hill or something like that. Not Miguel's, but not bad. I thought Linda's stayed open all year, but they might be out of town or something.

Weather today was nice!
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

Hilltop Pizza is the name.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.