Bolt the cracks and stop hiding...

Placing a cam? Slotting a nut? Slinging a tree?
ditzywonder

Post by ditzywonder »

i beg to differ on the guy standpoint. and i do my fair share. but its usually more along the lines of "my ass looks fat in these pants." or "my hair is messed up" and there there is the ever present "its to cold....its to hot" there is just no pleasing women :D
black diamonds are a girls best friend
krampus

Post by krampus »

wow, a woman who understands :wink:
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared
ynot

Post by ynot »

ditzy rocks. Yup me and 512 are just stirring the crap to see if it stinks. Think outside the box. I have never sunk a bolt and I damn sure aint bolting no cracks.
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
Fartspray

Post by Fartspray »

Buster

Post by Buster »

'Darling, may I please be excused for a moment?
I have to shake hands with a very dear friend of mine, whom I hope to introduce you to after dinner.'
The polite way to excuse yourself and take a piss.
steep4me

Post by steep4me »

ditzywonder wrote:i beg to differ on the guy standpoint. and i do my fair share. but its usually more along the lines of "my ass looks fat in these pants." or "my hair is messed up" and there there is the ever present "its to cold....its to hot" there is just no pleasing women :D
I stand corrected.
Hauling a big ego up a route adds at least a full grade.
AdSprad

Yep

Post by AdSprad »

I climb both sport and trad, but both have their unique mentalities. Both are great.

Go ahead and bolt what you want, we have the option of placing our own gear, if we choose too. I mean heck, we don't use all the bolted protection now on several sports climbs, usually to bypass rope drag here and there...

Just for the record, no one wins an argument on the internet...you all know that.
Sweet.
512OW

Re: everybodys crraaaazzzyyy.....

Post by 512OW »

Sandman wrote:Life and everything is all about a balance, so as soon as 512OW starts his conquest... Ill start mine, chopping bolts on sports routes. After a while, old sport routes will be trad routes, and trad routes will be sport routes. The red will become the bizzaro climbing area, cats and dogs will live in harmony, miguels will be a 5 star hotel than only serves fish sandwiches.
Do you see you what you will do........
Shit man, lets coordinate! We could have some of those fish samiches after a long day of choppin/drillin! However, since it becomes bizarro world, does that mean the girls at Miguels fire won't put out anymore? That just won't do...
"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken."
-Tyler Durden

www.odubmusic.com
ahab

Post by ahab »

"Sticking quickdraws up your butt does not make you a sport climber."
-ahab
buy the Ticket take the Ride
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

so any new cracks we find, OW and I will bolt them. that will be the style they are developed in, and must stay that way.

here is what mystifies me about "traddies".....they want the newest cams for ease of placement, have basically done away with hexes and T bars, will put on a supreme pair of crack shoes with sticky rubber, but then want to maintain some illusion of being one with the rock for their majestic endeavor.....yawn. you guys are just picking the tools you want. talk about contrived. gettin' pussed out? why look, I'll place ANOTHER cam, 2 feet above the last one I placed. where is the challenge in that?

o yeah, what about those bolts you traddies so love at the anchors? hypocrites. so much for pristine.

basically, it boils down to this. trad climbing, because 90% of it is leftover crappy cliffline that even pigsteak wouldn't bolt, is a default form of climbing. don't have the discipline to train to climb 5.12? no worries matey..I can take out my roommates hot friend, TR her up a 5.4 "with an awesome view", and lie to her and tell her we are rock climbing. getting fat and lazy? no worries...slup up some "classic" 5.6 from 30 years ago, and dazzle your unsuspecting wanker belay monkeys.

the majority of folks climb trad because they are too embarassed to go to a sport cliff and hang on a 5.10. you'll never get better at your passion by hanging out at long wall. give it up.

climbing trad is like getting in the passing lane on the interstate with a 10 speed bicycle. technically, you are a moving vehicle, but you're wasting air space and clogging up traffic. and don't ever think riding in that lane makes you ready for the autobahn.

man, am I glad Christmas with the family is over.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.