Bolt the cracks and stop hiding...

Placing a cam? Slotting a nut? Slinging a tree?
Brentucky

Post by Brentucky »

i wish i were clever and had something to say, but we all know this shit is all opinions. ow is just as "right" now as he was back in the day, although probably more right back in the day. :) all i know is i'd personally gaze in a hell of a lot more awe if i came across the old 5.12 traddie of the past as compared to the 5.13 climber of the now. yeah, i'm a relative newb that just barely climbs 5.11 and has never and may never bolt anything so my opinion is for shit, but i say long live the trad! isn't it kind of cool to have a whole other style anyway, especially if it's more suited to be protected without bolts? it's like chocolate and vanilla. some people like one, some the other, some both, some even prefer them mixed, but isn't it nice that they're both around for the choosing? and i don't want something that looks like chocolate and tastes like vanilla either; that's just stupid.

perhaps this is just another thread to stir the pot; i really hope you people aren't climbing nazi's (and i'm not even a traddie)
efil lanrete... i enjoy the sound, but in truth i find this seductively backward idea to be quite frightening
Dman

Post by Dman »

QUIT BICTHN AND JUST CLIMB MAN WHO CARES
Lextown climber
Myke Dronez

Re: everybodys crraaaazzzyyy.....

Post by Myke Dronez »

Odub reminds me of that whack job that preaches outside the UK student center about how everyone is going to hell if they don't change their ways.
The only escape is up.
DriskellHR

Post by DriskellHR »

I agree with Brentucky, sandman and all the other voices of reason. Bolting cracks is lame. Sure "trad" climbing may be harder or easier by your standards but since when is climbing a community event. Do you climb for others or do you climb for yourself? If you climb for others your are lame and should go home. If you climb for yourself then I have made my point. Climb how YOU want to climb and get over yourself.

I'm sure I will get blasted but really........Bolt a Crack? lame
"....... Be sure to linger......." Mike Tucker
p0bray01

Post by p0bray01 »

Gotta love these Christmas Rants. :roll:
"The Mountains are my church and climbing is how I worship" - Tommy Caldwell
krampus

Post by krampus »

ya know, if you know your opinion is worthless....keep it to yourself :roll:
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared
woodchuck008

Post by woodchuck008 »

Thank you voices of reason. Why can't any climb be left to the tradition it was first climbed? Trad cracks stay as is, sporty bolted faces and crimpy routes don't ask to be chopped for free trad attempts. Just go out and enjoy this personal sport as DriskellHR says. Don't be searching for ways to keep changing the event just to satisfy your need for attention, authority or publication to 8a.nu for how clever you are. I truly enjoy my quiet climbing moments out in the wilderness, whether it be in KY or in Colorado backcountry.
the lurkist

Post by the lurkist »

brother Jed and Sister Cindy?
"It really is all good ! My thinking only occasionally calls it differently..."
Normie
jordancolburn

Re: everybodys crraaaazzzyyy.....

Post by jordancolburn »

Myke Dronez wrote:Odub reminds me of that whack job that preaches outside the UK student center about how everyone is going to hell if they don't change their ways.
Brother Rick? He was at U of L too, passing out condemnation for the rock and roll demons of Dave Matthews...
woodchuck008

Post by woodchuck008 »

Praise the lord that I've been saved from that demon music , the likes of Dave Matthews and all that is evil in the world.