For the number crunchers in the group....

Movies, music, food, blood, dogs, Horatio.....
tomdarch

Post by tomdarch »

caribe wrote:Yeah, this was not a serious attempt to share. I just feel so lonely. . . . :D
I have specialized like an insect, I am eating this strange leaf that is getting scarce and as far as sex, forget it, no one around is paying attention to my chirping. :shock:
I'm often just nuts, but isn't this stuff really important? I'm guessing that understanding how crystals form (or malform) is really important for manufacturing, uh, I'm not sure what, but I'd guess that it would be some cool/important stuff. Wouldn't certain "crystal state packing motifs" be really good and others suck?

Seems like research that could lead to patents on processes that would be used for making expensive stuff, which would mean $$$ for you. Like it or not, $$$=sexy for a lot of folks. Thus, keep screwing around with crystals and your chirps may be answered...

Speaking of bio/chem/physics stuff: best lab equipment marketing ever:
http://www.eppendorf.com/int/hawkpopup.php?contentid=13

I don't know if it would really sell me an automated pipetting system, but it's great to know that someone in the lab automation industry has a sense of humor.
Bacon is meat candy.
trog

Post by trog »

I think I saw Caribe in that Eppendorf video...

Seriously, it's all about predictable unpredictability, hidden and unsuspected levels of order, the smallest part of the pattern that reflects the whole. Takes a focussed, determined, strong climber like Caribe to find it
ancient gumby,
whatsa gumby?
Josephine

Post by Josephine »

"Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game." ~ Under the Tuscan Sun
caribe

Post by caribe »

Josie: second one down in the right row the answer must be heart.
caribe

Post by caribe »

Ascentionist

Re: More from www.xkcd.com.

Post by Ascentionist »

MacGyver wrote:
This is my favorite because I was a substitute for awhile...ah, the memories!
There is no TEAM in I
Wes

Post by Wes »

"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda