Any Difference?

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
captain static

Post by captain static »

Pigsteak for Commissioner of rock climbing.
"Be responsible for your actions and sensitive to the concerns of other visitors and land managers. ... Your reward is the opportunity to climb in one of the most beautiful areas in this part of the country." John H. Bronaugh
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

Meadows wrote:
pigsteak wrote:
when you send, or see someone else send, is there ANYTHING that is "off limits" that would prevent you from saying you sent route?

if I step on a bolt, would that disqualify my send?
If you're highly competitive, yes.
meaning for the 90% of those who claim to climb only for fun, that stepping on bolts is considered "ok"?
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
TradWanker

Post by TradWanker »

captain static wrote:Pigsteak for Commissioner of rock climbing.
I second that motion. However I think Climbing Czar would be a more appropriate title. :roll:
The beatings will continue until morale improves
512OW

Post by 512OW »

ahab wrote:
512OW wrote:There is no real climbing while placing gear. Lets all just face it.
perhaps a screen name change is in order. here are a couple suggestions.

512SW (spurt weenie)
512OLDW
512SCARED
Nope. I can still do 5.12trad. It just feels really easy now.

ESPECIALLY OW's...
"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken."
-Tyler Durden

www.odubmusic.com
kek-san

Post by kek-san »

Hear Ye, Hear Ye.

All Hail the new Climbing Czar...

Pigsteak!!!

Yah!

Lets us all bask in his glorious goodness and hope to aspire to his unassailable ethics.
"Dying?" Man, that's the last thing I want to do. - overheard
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

pigsteak wrote: meaning for the 90% of those who claim to climb only for fun, that stepping on bolts is considered "ok"?
Exactly those are the ones.
charlie

Post by charlie »

pigsteak wrote: meaning for the 90% of those who claim to climb only for fun, that stepping on bolts is considered "ok"?
Chuffers are so cute. The fact that you can even discuss dabbing on a bolt is funny.
Toy

Post by Toy »

if I keep the first 3 bolts (thru the crux) on an 8 bolt route pre clipped, does that negate a lead ascent?
yes.
rhunt

Post by rhunt »

Ok pigsteak time to get to the whole point of this thread, you have baited people long enough. In the context of all that's been said, ask all your subjects about your new route at the boneyard and if its is ok to stick clip the third bolt. So far you have me and Toy on your side.
"Climbing is the spice, not the meal." ~ Lurkist
Rollo

Post by Rollo »

two things seem pretty suspect to me.... i guess this is the right time to finally voice it.

you rest sometime on the way up, no send

what the hell is that crap all about anyway? either you can climb it without stopping or you have to cheat and take a freakin' break right when it gets good! friends don't let friends shake out.

you take more than one breath, no send

i am in the habit of taking in a breath at the bottom of the desired route and exhaling at the top.... people keep telling me to "Keep Breathing!" but it just seems wrong. sure you can do the damned route if you keep replenishing your blood with oxygen but it takes away alot of what makes this sport great.

if i start breathing i might as well be reading a book.
And on the third day, God created the Red River Gorge(by conjecture), and he saw that it was good.