Any Difference?

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

Rollo wrote:
pigsteak wrote:
Rollo wrote:i can't believe i'm still reading this topic and posting on it..... winter sucks. :(
winter? we haven't missed a weekend yet of climbing....you live in Alaska?
Yeah, I see that you were climbing last weekend because you sprayed all your sends in cold temps. :roll:
:shock: you actually looked at my spray list? sa-weet! that was the point of this entire debate..i tried to be subtle, and I think it worked. I am now only 14, 236 points behind Ray.

btw, rollo, those sends are not validated until I do them in June-August. I keep a notebook at home, and give myself less points on any send below 50 degrees. The real bad ass climbers do it in August, like Brad Weaver sending 50 words. Sending your hardest right now is smoke and mirrors. Maybe we could start leaving weight belts at the bottom of the routes, to even things up.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
pawilkes

Post by pawilkes »

Did you stick clip the second bolt when you did Buff the Wood Piggie? (i too examined your spray list) that's a dangerous fall if you blow it
Sand inhibits the production of toughtosterone, so get it out and send.
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

no way pawilke.....sandy flat landing is "dangerous"? what has become of this world of softies? May I suggest you hang a 3 foot runner from bolt two like all the cool masses at the Lode? That will aleve any wah-wah factor.
kek-san

Post by kek-san »

Piggy I idolize you and your ethics. I read you spray list every Monday morning and think, "Maybe someday I can be cool, just like you."

Please remain our only paragon of virtue in a world otherwise bereft of ethics.

Until I get older and wiser like you I will remain just a slacker.
"Dying?" Man, that's the last thing I want to do. - overheard
rjackson

Post by rjackson »

A quick review of my own spray list reveals that only about 40% of my sends are valid; having been sent in July/August/ September. And the September sends were on 85-90 degree days and I invalidated the sends on the 70 degree July day. Come to think of it, I think a couple of them may have been in the shade, so I better go back and disqualify a few more...

For some reason, it feels really good to be giving up the bolts for gear now.
Pick myself up, stop lookin' back.
Grand Funk Railroad
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

kek san...contemplate the wisdom from thy mother's teet a bit longer, and the world shall be yours.

rjackson, trad has an entire different set of rules..the main one is, most of what you guys call "climbing" is in essence more akin to playing a video game like guitar hero...ie, pretending instead of sampling the real deal. might be fun, but it don't make you eddie Van Halen.
rjackson

Post by rjackson »

twang!!!

So at what 'grade/point' does the real climbing begin whilst placing gear? Last weekend's foray sure 'felt' like real climbing. And of course the fall later in the day wasn't just for posing purposes.

I'm guessing the only correct answer is to give up this life of 'fun' and follow you Sensi, er, I mean almighty-and-knowing climber-bolter god, er, Pigsteak. Give me a sec to get my draws and scorecard... and which shoes should I bring?
Grand Funk Railroad
Myke Dronez

Post by Myke Dronez »

piggie, you know you're an in the closet choss hunting traddie- I saw the spray... just come on out
The only escape is up.
rjackson

Post by rjackson »

Come out, come out, where ever you are...
Grand Funk Railroad
512OW

Post by 512OW »

rjackson wrote:twang!!!

So at what 'grade/point' does the real climbing begin whilst placing gear? Last weekend's foray sure 'felt' like real climbing. And of course the fall later in the day wasn't just for posing purposes.

I'm guessing the only correct answer is to give up this life of 'fun' and follow you Sensi, er, I mean almighty-and-knowing climber-bolter god, er, Pigsteak. Give me a sec to get my draws and scorecard... and which shoes should I bring?
There is no real climbing while placing gear. Lets all just face it.
"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken."
-Tyler Durden

www.odubmusic.com