Any Difference?

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
Xtant

Post by Xtant »

Toy wrote:
Maybe the first person to send a rout was 6'7" and they rated it a 10.a. I'm 5'7." Does that give me a claim to say it was an 11.d because I had to dyno for half the moves?
Lynn Hill says "NO"
Was being facetious and wondered how long it would take for her name to come out after my comment ;)
Toy

Post by Toy »

I've got some other names if you want 'em
Was being facetious and wondered how long it would take for her name to come out after my comment
Yasmeen

Post by Yasmeen »

pigsteak wrote:you hang/use any draw longer than the standard issue (ie...no extended, doubled up draws, no velcroed to the wall draws, no 3 foot webbing draws, etc), no send.
coughAvalancheRuncough
pigsteak wrote:so if I see any more extended draws with a biner or two in the middle, I am cleaning up these routes by putting the draws back to a single nylon strand.
I'm proud to hear that you're planning on cleaning up after yourself, piggie. ;)
"I snatched defeat from the jaws of victory." --Paul
---
(Emails > PMs)
Rollo

Post by Rollo »

i can't believe i'm still reading this topic and posting on it..... winter sucks. :(
And on the third day, God created the Red River Gorge(by conjecture), and he saw that it was good.
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

Rollo wrote:i can't believe i'm still reading this topic and posting on it..... winter sucks. :(
winter? we haven't missed a weekend yet of climbing....you live in Alaska?
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
Yasmeen

Post by Yasmeen »

pigsteak wrote:you live in Alaska?
That reminded me of a video from the failblog: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYnJnSmeRSs

Completely related to the topic at hand.
"I snatched defeat from the jaws of victory." --Paul
---
(Emails > PMs)
enoch308

Post by enoch308 »

That was the funniest thing I have ever seen. And yeah, it is really similar to what is going on here. Pig is the guy in the background stirring up some action for us all to see. That was the greatest interview ever ! Lots of turkeys out there !
maxclimb11

Post by maxclimb11 »

"you climb a RRG route in under 40 degrees temp, no send. "

we dont control the weather, and im sure no one is gonna quit climbing for the winter. You send when you send. Climbing is about fun! Some sending rules make sense; no weighting the rope, falling, grabbing the draws,. As for stick clipping, as ive said before i enjoy climbing alot and would rather not have to take 3 seasons off for a broken ankle. Just fucking climb and quit bitching because everyone else is sending in the winter.
visit my minicity it needs your love http://maxopopolis.myminicity.com/
SCIN

Post by SCIN »

Pigsteak is correct. I hate it when someone solos a route and talks about "sending" it. If you solo a route you aren't sending, You are cheating because you don't have to clip any of the bolts.
Yo Ray jack dynomite! Listen to my beat box! Bew ch ch pff BEW ch ch pfff! Sweet!

-Horatio
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

I thought that climbing below 40 put us on level playing ground with climbers in the dry west.