gun

Movies, music, food, blood, dogs, Horatio.....
bcombs

Post by bcombs »

Why do you all know so much about guns?
ReachHigh

Post by ReachHigh »

Remington also makes the 597 .22, the early ones had a lot of feed issues with the mags but the newer magazines feed fine and unlike the 10/22 it comes with an adult sized stock.

Also dido on the shot guns, I prefer something auto loading like the 1100 or 1187 for trap.
Last edited by ReachHigh on Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"there's a line between self improvement and self involvement"
"Dogs are nature's pooper scoopers ."
woodchuck008

Post by woodchuck008 »

Why? Sara Palin taught us all to love guns. Because we're Rambo types disguised as climbers...actually all working in secret for Homeland Security these days.
10-22 is a nice choice too. I also had an Intertec 22 Scorpion' a few years ago. It was sooo 'rad. 30 to 50 in a clip magzines, banana shaped. It also used the typical 5 or 10 shot Ruger 10-22 box. Learned if you added just a little extra grease to the action works of the Scorpion, you probably could go full auto with it. Buzzzzzappp., and the entire 30 are gone. Now that's a real attention getter for someone, plus it just looks gangbanger badass wicked to hold.
anticlmber

Post by anticlmber »

because as a kid when you get picked on and you dont know how to fight guns really level the field quickly.
showed them who was to stupid too pass 7th grade.

besides, without guns you'd be speaking polynesian right now. look it up in your books.
Like me on facebook but hate me in real life
lordjim_2001

Post by lordjim_2001 »

You might want to look at an SKS. The Russian models command a higher price but they say they are worth it. The Yugo models are plentiful now but I've heard that their gas system are a little wonky some times. Some Norinco/Chinese models take AK mags but watch out, some say they do but the mags don't lock in well. Ammo is fairly cheap, though not as cheap as your .22lr. They are ok accuracy wise, but not as accurate as say a decent bolt gun in just about any caliber. You can find these at just about any gun show or if you ask a dealer nicely they can order you one.

Samco Global arms ( http://samcoglobal.com/sks.html ) has them. Just remember you'll pay for the rifle, shipping, tax and probably the transfer fee.

Ammoman.com has ammo as does Ammunitiontogo.com. Probably more of a variety than any store in your area.

To clear the air, I don't own one. Yet... and surplusrifle.com has lots of info on them.
Screw you guys. I'm going bowling.
Fartspray

Penis Extension needed

Post by Fartspray »

Last edited by Fartspray on Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dipsi

Re: Penis Extension needed

Post by dipsi »

Fartspray wrote:Guns are for girls.
Your point?
What I love about running is you can meditate while running. It's a peaceful place.

Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd, Runs marathons to raise money and awareness about children orphaned by AIDS
heacocis

Post by heacocis »

I would first think very carefully about what you really want the gun for. If protection is really your first priority, then you should be thinking a shotgun or even a pistol. If target practice, plinking, or otherwise shooting for fun is the goal then a rifle or pistol would be best. Shotguns provide the highest probability of stopping an attacker at close range, but they are bulky and would be difficult to manage on a "road trip." For protection and possibly survival (living in the woods like you mention) use a rifle would need to be high powered- a .22 proabably wouldn't cut it. On top of being bulky and hard to manage in a protection scenario, a bullet from a high power rifle travels a long, long way so there is always the concern of hitting something/one you didn't intend. So, all this is leading to my suggestion of a pistol. A 9mm would likely suffice for what you are talking about, but a .40 or .45 would be substantially better. In my opinion, a pistol would be your best choice regardless if your goal is protection, survival, or fun shooting. Most importantly though, think very carefully about what you really want a gun for. I like to think that a gun is a tool, and you should have the right tool for the job you want done. Good luck!
Wave Bolt- the best climbing bolt available! www.wavebolt.com

"...I'm over all that macho stuff, and if I bolt a route, it will be done properly." - Colin Goodey
heacocis

Post by heacocis »

I should also add that, if you go with a rifle, the Ruger 10/22 is a classic for a reason. A basic Remington .223 is also a good choice and much more powerfull than even a .22 long range.
There are no gun shops around Bloomington. Rossanne (?) Walden - the bio secretary on campus - has a gun shop, and their prices are good. You might talk to her. If you want to venture north, Bradis in Mooresville or AAC in Martinsvilly are both good. By far the cheapest way, though, is to purchase online (e.x. gunsatcost.com) and then pay the transfer fee at a gun shop that will do it. Popguns in Indy I think does, and charges like $25.
Wave Bolt- the best climbing bolt available! www.wavebolt.com

"...I'm over all that macho stuff, and if I bolt a route, it will be done properly." - Colin Goodey
woodchuck008

Post by woodchuck008 »

I likey the 'holster' in above gun photo.
Meanwhile as for a gun choice, go for that massive 5 shot .50 cal Bulldog thing. It will stop a rhino or a truck, maybe even a meth addict in full charge.