IMPACT on Muir of KY HW 715 Rerouting

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
Josephine

Post by Josephine »

ps. the email address martin@ky.gov is not working for me.
"Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game." ~ Under the Tuscan Sun
Toad

Post by Toad »

Take up a collection and buy a state senator on the appropriate committee . Most will spread their legs for just a small amount of money.
Victory Whip in da House. Yeah.
Yasmeen

Post by Yasmeen »

Google says try charles.martin@ky.gov
"I snatched defeat from the jaws of victory." --Paul
---
(Emails > PMs)
Liz_Weber

Post by Liz_Weber »

Yasmeen wrote:Google says try charles.martin@ky.gov
You are absolutely correct. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

My typo did me in on that. I've corrected my post. I'm sorry for those whom this inconvenienced.

Liz
Liz_Weber

Post by Liz_Weber »

Josephine wrote:Is there a possibility of enlisting the access fund in this at all?
Thanks for your suggestion. Rick and I have been working with the Access Fund regarding this issue for about a month now. They have been very helpful.

Until it was raised in the "Kentucky Bridge to Nowhere" post, we chose not to cry "Wolf!" and publicize this issue, requesting help, until we had a better handle on whether funding for the KY HW 715 project would actually be appropriated. We have been working it in background mode, as we do many of the issues that potentially affect your climbing venue at Muir.

Liz
Shamis

Post by Shamis »

Mail sent.
redpointron

Post by redpointron »

Liz_Weber wrote:
Josephine wrote:Is there a possibility of enlisting the access fund in this at all?
Thanks for your suggestion. Rick and I have been working with the Access Fund regarding this issue for about a month now. They have been very helpful.

Until it was raised in the "Kentucky Bridge to Nowhere" post, we chose not to cry "Wolf!" and publicize this issue, requesting help, until we had a better handle on whether funding for the KY HW 715 project would actually be appropriated. We have been working it in background mode, as we do many of the issues that potentially affect your climbing venue at Muir.

Liz
is it fair to ask you in this public forum about the funding? i try to be an optimist and find a bridge spanning muir absolutely impossible in wolfe county...

thanks

ron
Liz_Weber

Post by Liz_Weber »

redpointron wrote: is it fair to ask you in this public forum about the funding?
ron
Yes, it is fair to ask, if it is fair for me to say I don't have all of the answers.

Some of the factors both pro and con for available funding:

• This project would be competing with other Transportation projects in KY for funding.

• U. S. Rep. Hal Rogers had a commitment in his campaign to bypass the traffic from the Natural Bridge State Park by improving HW 715 and diverting traffic from HW 11.

• As I said in a previous post, we believe that a bridge in the areas posed by Alternatives E and F would be prohibitively expensive.

• Not the best of economies right now to expect frivolous appropriation of funds.

• There has been some talk of Homeland Security funds. From projects I have seen funded, this seems to be a bottomless well with very little oversight. Obviously much of this is classified, so there is probably more justification than is apparent.

• There is a tendency to divert money to SE KY due to the depressed economic status of some SE KY counties.

• Are all government funded projects appropriated in a logical and judicious manner? Hmm... I don't think I will touch that one tonight.

Liz
caribe

Post by caribe »

This issue may really test us. We can't wait for the people making blue prints to get serious.

There are groups in opposition to the ky transpark project from which we can likely gain much insight and strength and perhaps even direct help.

I recommend Hank Graddy, Sierra Club attorney. He lives in Midway KY. He will likely give you an ear full.
toad857

Post by toad857 »

One thing is certain: When a government agency has money, it will definitely spend it before the money gets dumped back into some pot at the end of their year.