Secret gems of the southern region

Having problems finding a crag or a route?
wu.cactus1

Secret gems of the southern region

Post by wu.cactus1 »

i have heard many stories floating around about these well kept secret crags scattered throughout the southern region. i was wondering what was up with these steep, "better than the lode" areas if they even exist. many talks of things like the "other chocolate factory" and "new best hard crag in the gorge"
anyone got any comments or info feel free to share and cspeak your mind
"Hey, can you belay me", Random Johnson Center Rock Wall user..."No, fuck off I don't want to belay your sorry ass up an inflated 5.6" The disgruntled Rock Wall employee thinks to himself
Yasmeen

Post by Yasmeen »

It's a pretty good bet that nobody's going to post on here about their secret crags.
"I snatched defeat from the jaws of victory." --Paul
---
(Emails > PMs)
Fartspray

Post by Fartspray »

:roll:

whatahutch

Post by whatahutch »

That is probably the funniest thing I have seen on this website ever. I got a private crag in my families backyard, 45 min. from Louisville and there is no way I would tell people about it on here... OOPS. Dang it. Where is that dang delete button.
"Come to send, not condescend" - Eddie Vedder
sendit

Re: Secret gems of the southern region

Post by sendit »

wu.cactus1 wrote:i have heard many stories floating around about these well kept secret crags scattered throughout the southern region. i was wondering what was up with these steep, "better than the lode" areas if they even exist. many talks of things like the "other chocolate factory" and "new best hard crag in the gorge"
anyone got any comments or info feel free to share and cspeak your mind
if you can keep beat my dog in a foot race i'll show you where they're at.
all you haters die slow.
wu.cactus1

Post by wu.cactus1 »

hey guys i didnt really want to know where they where...i wanted to know if they existed and what opinions people have on the matter of keeping crags secret and away from people, but by reading most of your guys comments i can tell that you have a pretty negative tone about this subject and love to here more of your negative attitude...i mainly boulder and dont really plan on sport climbing until the spring, but i think i may just pick up a topo map of the gorge, get my google earth load and find them my self...you know, winter is coming up and the best time to find crags is upon us...its like christmas except the gifts arent given you have to go out and find them
"Hey, can you belay me", Random Johnson Center Rock Wall user..."No, fuck off I don't want to belay your sorry ass up an inflated 5.6" The disgruntled Rock Wall employee thinks to himself
mcrib

Post by mcrib »

good luck.
"I just want to disappear"
ReachHigh

Post by ReachHigh »

there are miles of potential rock climbing in the southern region. I'd be pissed if people weren't quietly developing areas that will be posted once their done with them.
"there's a line between self improvement and self involvement"
"Dogs are nature's pooper scoopers ."
Savage

Post by Savage »

I highly recommend you check out Infinity Crag. =)
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Matrix wall
Living the dream