Rocktoberfest- What did you think?

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
chossmonkey

Post by chossmonkey »

Where were the donation boxes?

I only saw one and I don't remember where. At the other festivals that I have been to there were donation boxes at every booth and the sponsors were promoting donations. Nobody wants to be hounded for their money all night but if its done in the right manner people will get out their wallet, I know I have.

The cost was too high. You don't get any money from the people that don't come. I also talked to many people that didn't come because of the price to get in the door.
Good point about the donation boxes. I didn't see any.

I really have trouble imagining that lower entry fees would mean more money made. Climbers are frigging CHEAP! Those who went wanted to donate money. Those who didn't go wouldn't have or didn't have any more money to donate so you would only get the price of entry. I guess if sponsors covered all the costs that might be fine, but if you are using part of the entry to pay expenses it seems like it would make a serious cut in the funds raised.

I don't think most people knew what was all included. For the price I think it was a great deal and we didn't use the camping. Also as far as camping goes, most people showed up to climb a day or two before and/or stayed a few days longer. Nobody wants to rip down there camp and move it once or twice on a 3-5 day weekend.
flashmaster

Post by flashmaster »

it should have been in Yosemite so I could have gone
woman

Post by woman »

about the cost: i definitely would have had more fun if I paid less and got to donate more. As is, thinking about the cost kind of ate into my fun...and I was already bitter that the online way to pay said "donate" instead of pay here. A "donation" is a voluntary amount, "paying" is when they tell you how much you have to pay to hang out on Saturday night. That said, I am all about giving money to the RRGCC! just call it what it is. Next year, a lower fee and perhaps a higher Suggested Donation option might be nice...
"Take revenge...shit on a pidgeon."
512OW

Post by 512OW »

chossmonkey wrote:
Where were the donation boxes?

I only saw one and I don't remember where. At the other festivals that I have been to there were donation boxes at every booth and the sponsors were promoting donations. Nobody wants to be hounded for their money all night but if its done in the right manner people will get out their wallet, I know I have.

The cost was too high. You don't get any money from the people that don't come. I also talked to many people that didn't come because of the price to get in the door.
Good point about the donation boxes. I didn't see any.

I really have trouble imagining that lower entry fees would mean more money made. Climbers are frigging CHEAP! Those who went wanted to donate money. Those who didn't go wouldn't have or didn't have any more money to donate so you would only get the price of entry. I guess if sponsors covered all the costs that might be fine, but if you are using part of the entry to pay expenses it seems like it would make a serious cut in the funds raised.

I don't think most people knew what was all included. For the price I think it was a great deal and we didn't use the camping. Also as far as camping goes, most people showed up to climb a day or two before and/or stayed a few days longer. Nobody wants to rip down there camp and move it once or twice on a 3-5 day weekend.
Less cost = More people.

More people = More money from sponsors

The math is easy....
"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken."
-Tyler Durden

www.odubmusic.com
Danny

Post by Danny »

how much did it cost?
Horatio Felacio

Post by Horatio Felacio »

$30,000...just for the initial plans.
Yo HO!! Just got me a code red and some funyons big dawg!!! SHIT YEAH! - Ray, excited about his breakfast