red tagged

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
schwagpad

Post by schwagpad »

Yeah, I've never had the experience of having a route stolen. At least I don't think I have. Maybe that would suck. The most surefire way of keeping a route yours is to keep it secret (except for your climbing partner, who has probably bolted her own route at the crag).

By the way, you got it wrong about me paying for a route - that was my mom. Man it's great to have awesome parents. We should probably give her the first ascent.

Desperate housewives? That will definitely make you want to curse and beat someone up.
allah

Post by allah »

Its hard to keep some things secret if it is already at popular crags.

When are we gonna see you back in the gorge?
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

shamis, your argument doesn't fly. if a stronger bolter came to me and said they wanted to climb a route I red tagged, I'd just ask them to reimburse me for the hardware, and then they could have it.

what is it with human nature, that once someone bolts something, then suddenly it draws interest? that rock has been there for the last 20 years that bolting has been going on. why didn't YOU bolt it before? now all of the sudden, AFTER all the hard work has been done, now you want to climb it. that is so disingenious.

seems to me anyone wanting to snake a route should FIRST compensate the equipper by bolting a similar style route. maybe then they can appreciate the time and effort that goes into it all.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
Shamis

Post by Shamis »

pigsteak wrote:shamis, your argument doesn't fly. if a stronger bolter came to me and said they wanted to climb a route I red tagged, I'd just ask them to reimburse me for the hardware, and then they could have it.
Good thing you're the only bolter, and the only possible bolter at the red. Sound argument.
Toy

Post by Toy »

This is exactly why secret cliffs stay secret for so long. Remember this the next time all you poachers try to justify snagging a red-tagged route.
Shamis

Post by Shamis »

Toy wrote:This is exactly why secret cliffs stay secret for so long. Remember this the next time all you poachers try to justify snagging a red-tagged route.
If you paint the secret cliff red people will be more likely to find it.
redpointron

Post by redpointron »

allah wrote:I've read the thread, and all i have to say is that if someone gets on my red tags or Kipp's or any other one in the red i will beat the F-ing shit out of you when i see you. All of these "time lines" is bull shit, respect the hard work that goes into developing, lazy f*cks.

hey allah. someone took the tag off "everything that rises must converge" at the bib...if they step forward could you take care of that for me....

thanks

redpointRON
schwagpad

Post by schwagpad »

allah wrote:Its hard to keep some things secret if it is already at popular crags.

When are we gonna see you back in the gorge?
When I finish school I'd like to spend take some time off. I'll probably do some travelling as well as spend a couple months at the Red. Maybe next fall.

Better get all your projects wrapped up, dude. They're first on my list. Afterwards, we'll see who's the scrappier scrapper.
allah

Post by allah »

I've opened everything up that i can't do, thats all i have bolted right now. By then though who knows, old skooler
Crankmas

Post by Crankmas »

aren't there still an undone line or two at Chocolate Factory? wonder if the fall tour of rock stars will see them get some attention-