change you can believe in

Discussions full of RAGE!
L Day

Post by L Day »

Huggybone wrote:Larry,
The rnc probably thinks that even one dollar given to their opponent would be called a 'questionable donation.'
What about the New York Times? You think they're in the tank for the Repubs? They seem to think there's an issue with fund raising.
sgauss

Post by sgauss »

L Day wrote:
Huggybone wrote:Larry,
The rnc probably thinks that even one dollar given to their opponent would be called a 'questionable donation.'
What about the New York Times? You think they're in the tank for the Repubs? They seem to think there's an issue with fund raising.
NYT:
New York Times wrote:An analysis of campaign finance records by The New York Times this week found nearly 3,000 donations to Mr. Obama, the Democratic nominee, from more than a dozen people with apparently fictitious donor information. The contributions represent a tiny fraction of the record $450 million Mr. Obama has raised. But the questionable donations — some donors were listed simply with gibberish for their names — raise concerns about whether the Obama campaign is adequately vetting its unprecedented flood of donors.
Okay, not very specific, but I think "tiny fraction" does not equal the RNC figure of $220M. $220M would be a big number, but I think it's hardly credible. FEC rules don't require donations of $200 or less to be reported by the campaigns; the RNC is basically questioning ALL of the small donations, ie donations like most of the folks on this board would make.
ahab

Post by ahab »

Thomas Paine wrote:To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
buy the Ticket take the Ride
L Day

Post by L Day »

I certainly don't know how much "cheating" is going on, but I wonder if the problem might be a lot bigger than we realize. Especially when some people just sit down at their computers and make hundreds of small donations. That seems like a pretty clear attempt to get around the law. You've probably also heard about the county where Acorn turned in 5,000 new voter registrations and the first 2,100 checked were thrown out as fraudulent (as reported by CNN).
Fartspray

That one may be full up

Post by Fartspray »

My friends, that one" L Day " has been drinking a lot of Kool-aid............and may well have his head up Faux news arse.
L K Day

Post by L K Day »

You're the first person I've heard to call the New York Times and CNN and dcexaminer online "Faux news". What's up with that? I think you've stuffed your head up your own ass.

Here's another one for you. Here's a link to what the Secret Service said about the latest P alin (thanks, moderator) smear from the left. You know, the one where she supposedly incited someone in the crowd to shout "kill him" in referrence to Barrack. http://www.timesleader.com/news/breakin ... nded_.html
Last edited by L K Day on Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.
krampus

Post by krampus »

L Day wrote:You've probably also heard about the county where Acorn turned in 5,000 new voter registrations and the first 2,100 checked were thrown out as fraudulent (as reported by CNN).
How do you think GW won the last election?
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared
L K Day

Post by L K Day »

Talking out your ass now. A CORN is currently being investigated in thirteen states (fifteen and counting) concerning their registration fraud. There have been zero charges that the R EPUBLICANS (thanks moderator) have engaged in that kind of activity.
Last edited by L K Day on Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
krampus

Post by krampus »

yes, I am talking out of my ass a bit, bush did not use ACORN to get his fradulent votes, and no investigations made the headlines, but I did hear report (from NPR of course) of many shady sounding counties with 120% voter turnout.

As far as ACORN, I am sure McCain has been there friend at one time or another as well too. Weather they are committing fraud or not, they have still helped to get millions of minorities and poor people registered to vote....now why would the republicans fear that?...hhhmmm
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared
L K Day

Post by L K Day »

Wes, you fucking with the posts?