VP debate

Discussions full of RAGE!
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

dmw wrote:hell yeah I know evil I live in a RED state!
how's it feel to know your vote will not count? at least in kentucky the good old racist democrats are voting for Mccain so thay can have a voice. otherwise, all the smarter than thou elitist libs in kentucky (all 17 of them) are not even getting a voice this year. Has Obama even been to Kentucky in his 47 years?
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
tomdarch

Post by tomdarch »

Yes, it does sound like Biden didn't represent the ticket's position accurately in the two small parts where he said no new coal plants in the US. Whoops!
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008 ... _coal.html
The reality is that his own record shows his support for clean coal - the critical point here is that the McCain campaign told Palin to flat out lie about the Obama/Biden ticket's position on clean coal technology. Obama's position is partly driven by a desire to win in coal states like Pennsylvania, but at least it's fairly honest - McCain's choice to simply lie about Obama's position to do better in those states is just sad.

It's disappointing that Obama is a bit half-assed about changing America's energy use away from "burning crap for energy" where ever possible. But it's a vast improvement over the McCain lip-service to renewable energy. I don't think that we're going to get a full on "New Deal" WPA or anything, but Obama's push to improve US infrastructure and manufacturing clean energy technologies here in the US will be a big part of improving our economy and improving the environment.

Watch out when politicians use the phrase "alternative fuels" - it's still "burning crap for energy". One republican house candidate here in Illinois uses the phrase "alternative fuels" in his voice over and on the text on the screen, while showing an image of windmills - total weasel move. He's supporting corn ethanol and soy biodiesel (popular with IL farmers), but giving little more than lip service to real energy change.
Bacon is meat candy.
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

"You know, the idea here that somehow these guys are once again injecting fear and loathing into this campaign is ... I think it's mildly dangerous. I mean, here you have out there these kinds of, you know, incitements out there — guy introducing Barack using his middle name as if it's some epitaph or something," Biden said, apparently confusing the words "epitaph" and "epithet.""

aaaah, sorry you libbies, that your VP choice ALSO seems to stumble on the english language. but I realize you lemmings will justify away this "innocent mistake"...I want to vote so badly for Obama, but all of the na-bob idiots who are drinking his kool aid are scaring me.
bcombs

Post by bcombs »

All that matters is that regardless of the election results we will finally have a president that can pronounce nuclear.
Crankmas

Post by Crankmas »

one bullet
heidiramma

Post by heidiramma »

Crankmas wrote:one bullet
This calls for a plan. . . :twisted:
The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own.
You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president.
You realize that you control your own destiny.

Albert Ellis
dmw

Post by dmw »

actually my vote will count here... it is leaning rethuglican but could go either way. hence me canvassing.... today I go to LKDays house, hehe
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

rethuglicans and dunceocrats.....I like it.
tomdarch

Post by tomdarch »

Hmmm... the incumbent republican senator from Minnesota is canceling on an upcoming McCain rally in Minnesota... Not a good sign for McCain.

But more importantly, people have hopefully heard that the crowds at McCain/Palin rallies have been shouting "Terrorist!", "Traitor!" (huh?) and various death threats when they mention Obama's name (which is pretty often, considering they have nothing to say on the economy, healthcare, education, etc.)

So, Obama says this:
It's easy to rile up a crowd, Nothing's easier than riling up a crowd by stoking anger and division. But that's not what we need right now in the United States.
McCain spokesperson Brian Rogers responds:
Barack Obama’s attacks on Americans who support John McCain reveal far more about him than they do about John McCain. It is clear that Barack Obama just doesn’t understand regular people and the issues they care about.
Obama could quite accurately point out that these people are stupid, dangerous thugs. Instead, he deflects the really scary comments, and the McCain campaign claims that this is some sort of "attack."

All the stuff about how Obama knows Dr. Ayers is energizing their base, but is turning off the middle voters that they need to have a chance. Just how internally fucked is McCain's campaign?

Pretty fucked actually - it turns out that McCain was against the bailout before he was for it! Earlier today, McCain's campaign manager Rick Davis (lobbyist for Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and DHL, which is killing 1,000 Ohio jobs) said:
in the middle of the greatest disaster in our financial system that we’d had in our lifetime, that the Democrats in the United States Senate would actually link payments to ACORN in the bailout package that they promoted -- prior to Sen. McCain coming to town and actually blowing that package up. So we can actually say that in addition to saving taxpayers millions of dollars, and we’re very happy that no more taxpayer dollars were added to the pile of money...
Yep - McCain blew off Letterman in order to go to DC and fuck up the negotiations for the bailout bill and delay it for weeks. Which would be fine, if he was taking a stand against the Paulson plan. But two weeks ago, McCain's main spokesman, Douglas Holtz-Eakin said:
This bill failed because Barack Obama and the Democrats put politics ahead of country...
So two weeks ago, McCain was working hard to get the bill passed and Obama was obstructing it, now, they're claiming McCain was killing the bill.

I shouldn't be surprised, but here are a good 10 minutes of McCain supporters looking someone in the eye and knowingly telling lie after lie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjxzmaXAg9E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJghQMq49dw
That is, when they aren't dodging questions they know make them look like the fools they are.

They're so wrong and they clearly know it, but they're full of pride in their dishonest stupidity. Someone please explain why I shouldn't conclude that these folks are serious assholes.
Bacon is meat candy.
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

"They're so wrong and they clearly know it, but they're full of pride in their dishonest stupidity. Someone please explain why I shouldn't conclude that these folks are serious assholes."

because with someone as astute as you on the job, it looks like you've got it covered.

my only question is why you aren't on your way to rocktoberfest?